Author Topic: extended display and asus a6u  (Read 4260 times)

tropicana

• View Profile
extended display and asus a6u
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
Hi,

I have got an asus a6u laptop, and two connected displays. When in the TD2 (v. 5.2.10), I press the 'Move to extended display' button, the game window disappear on the main, but doesn't appear on the extended display. However if I move other windows to it, those appear. I tried to upgrade the video driver, but it doesn't help. The video card is a sis m760gx.
Any advices are appreciated,
thank you

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: extended display and asus a6u
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »
I have the same issue on my asus laptop. however, when i go into the display properties (right clicking on the desktop) and go to the settings tab, by switching the displays (1 and 2) from one side to the other, the game window appears on my extended display. Not sure why, but a few extra seconds of work and it appears.
good luck

tropicana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:51:17 AM »
Thank you for replying. Unfortunatelly it doesn't help. I switched the 2 sides, I tried to move one on the top of the other, but no luck. The only way I can use it, that I change the primary display, so the primary display is the large hanging lcd and the secondary one is my laptop display. But in this way every windows (other apps) appear on the main large lcds, which makes me unhappy.
Do you use the same asus a6u? Could you tell me your video driver version?
thanks

bylars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
Try this:

Move the Game Window to the Extended Display, then use the Manually Move Game Window option to get it into the right position.  I had to do this the first time I setup to use the Extended Display.

tropicana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 05:11:45 AM »
It doesn't work. The game window does not appear on the extended display. I tried to move manually, and when I was clicking on the right arrow, the status window was stepping to right, out of the primary lcd, but it did not appear on the extended. I forgot to mention, the game window is in full screen mode.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »
I know its a silly question but have you told TD the location of your extended display to match windows settings (eg right/left/top/bottom)

For example my extended display is at the right so TD is set for the same.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

tropicana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »
Thank you for replying! Yes, the setting is the same as the extended display setting. And I tried left, right, even the top location (of course I changed the display settings as well). As I mentioned it only works if  I change the primary display to the large lcds, which isn't too good for me, because the ceremony master would like to use other apps (excel) too, and this way those apps will open in full view of all :( Monday I will attemp at change the mode from full to window, then move, and change back, or something like similar.

RobertCarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
Thank you for replying! Yes, the setting is the same as the extended display setting. And I tried left, right, even the top location (of course I changed the display settings as well). As I mentioned it only works if  I change the primary display to the large lcds, which isn't too good for me, because the ceremony master would like to use other apps (excel) too, and this way those apps will open in full view of all :( Monday I will attemp at change the mode from full to window, then move, and change back, or something like similar.

I had this same problem with my acer i done this to fix

just a suggestion as it was duplicating my desktop and you need it to be extended not duplicated

make sure your settings look like this

hope it helps

Regards
Robert

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
tropicana,

I've just read the threads again.

Do you have two additional displays running off the laptop aswel as your laptop display?

What connections are you using?

Have you tried loading TD with Full Screen mode off and dragging the clock to the extended display?

For example I often have multiple displays running the tournament clock, but they all run off an HDMI splitter so it is doing the work for the laptop and the laptop is only giving the splitter the video and it then feeds it on to each respective LCD/Plasma.

I use HDMI and on occasion in one venue I use VGA but never both or a combination.  I am just wandering if you are using a combination of HDMI/VGA/S-VIDEO??

Regards
Stuart Murray

RobertCarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
tropicana,

I've just read the threads again.

Do you have two additional displays running off the laptop aswel as your laptop display?

What connections are you using?

Have you tried loading TD with Full Screen mode off and dragging the clock to the extended display?

For example I often have multiple displays running the tournament clock, but they all run off an HDMI splitter so it is doing the work for the laptop and the laptop is only giving the splitter the video and it then feeds it on to each respective LCD/Plasma.

I use HDMI and on occasion in one venue I use VGA but never both or a combination.  I am just wandering if you are using a combination of HDMI/VGA/S-VIDEO??

Regards

I also have another suggestion regarding this

were it is possible to run multiple monitors from your GPU via S-VIDEO/HDMI/VGA/RGB

but i ran into a problem last night that exact same

set up is

22" dell monitor running VGA (main display) 1024 X 768
50" Samsung tv running HDMI (clock display) 1280 X 800 0R 1080p

But if i run the 50" on 1024 x 768 i can drag windows over but cant send my game window over or manually move it over
i can open with deselected full screen mode and game window can be dragged over easily

so i suggest you play around with resolution on extended display with the game window already moved  over by td

worked for me hope it helps

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »
I guess just make sure your extended display is on dual display, not clone

having said that, everytime I go to move my game screen to the other display, the game screen disappears too... my workaround, and I don't know why it works, is to bring game screen back to original monitor and repeat... usually the second or third time it will work