Author Topic: Version 2.3 is available  (Read 21619 times)

cousguy

• View Profile
Re: Version 2.3 is available
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
One of the new features appears to be able to overide the rebuy option when busting out a player after the rebuy period has ended.  Is there a way to turn this off?  With it on, it's an extra keystorke to bust out a player.

Couldn't find anything in preferences.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 10:22:07 AM »
That was something I hadn't anticipated.  I've updated that dialog to provide an option to disable rebuys, so it's a single checkbox and then you won't see the dialog again.  That will be in the next release.

In the meantime, after the rebuy period expires, just go to the Game tab and disable rebuys (again, a single checkbox) and you won't see that dialog again.

cousguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »
Thanks for the info that sounds like it will do the trick. 

I can still see a use for the option to turn the override feature off altogether.  If i turn off the rebuy ability after the rebuy period is over, when i export the results at the end of the tourney i'll need to re-enable it again so that its properly documented in the history.  Perhaps the change your putting will not affect the rebuy option just stop the override prompt to re-appear.

Something to consider.

Thanks again.

cousguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »
Hi Corey

One more thing during my testing today.  It looks like the sound event for "while the clock is paused" keeps getting activated during the post tournament screens.  Although technically the clock is paused, i don't think it's supposed to be activated when the clocked has essentially stopped  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »
Disabling rebuys won't have any effect on the "state" of the tournament.  I mean, if you've run your tournament, and player(s) have rebought, and then you disable rebuys, those player(s) have still rebought - it won't affect stats or tournament outcome, etc.

If you mean that you might load an older tournament to determine whether or not rebuys were allowed, then yes, having them disabled would probably give the impression that they weren't allowed.  But you could always just look to see if anyone actually rebought...

Just FYI.

And I'll look into the clock paused sound event issue.

CHaBou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
No, there is no translation of the software at this time.  But the software *could* be translated, as the language files are all now separate from the program itself.  That allows anyone to change the text, without having to actually change the software.

However, language translation is a rather expensive undertaking - most likely well out of the scope of this software to have it professionally done.  Therefore, it is unlikely there will ever be a true translation of the software to any language, unless it is done by users who are simply interested in using it in their native language.

Your soft is so wonderfull that it would make me proud to participate and translate it from English to French.
Your Internationalization framework is so easy to use that I only need time :)
In French, we use mostly English Term for the Poker but It will be useful for Error Message for example.

I've started to make a French Layout for my home Tourney. It's the most important because it's a "public" view. But I had a problem for the Prizes List if I want to use Automatic or Suggested Prizes. Indeed, the prizes name ("1st Place", "2nd Place", etc..) are not in language directory. I had to modify the XML files and it was not easy. You use "{1}" for the Rank and add "Place". So, "{1}" correspond to "1st", "2nd", "3rd", "4th". But in French (maybe other language too), it's "1er" or "1ère Place", "2ème", "3ème". The only solution that I found was to add 'name="1er"' in all <prize rank=1 ...>, 'name="2ème"' in all <prize rank=2 ...> etc.. Very "irksome".
And I couldn't use 'rank="10-18"' definition :(

It's just a detail... and I don't know if there's a suitable and easy solution for this problem. But it's impacting a public view of the software (Layout). My solution doesn't work if someone want to translate a modified version of Autmotaic/Suggested Prizes XML file. My file will overwrite his modifications :S

Is there a gimmick that I haven't seen ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:24:00 AM by CHaBou »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
No gimmick - you've hit upon the 1 part of the software that isn't translated.  For ordinal rankings: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, English has a pattern that I can follow and compute the proper suffix:

If the number is between 10 and 19 (inclusive), then the suffix is "th"; as in 10th, 11th, 15th, 17th, 19th
Otherwise, if the last number is 1, the suffix is "st"; if the last number is 2, the suffix is "nd"; if the last number is 3, the suffix is "rd"; else the suffix is "th".

I'm certain this is done many different ways in other languages.  Maybe with enough information I can figure out a way to make this configurable, but for now I've just resigned myself to the fact that it's going to be in English for everyone.  Sorry.

CHaBou

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 01:44:13 PM »
Ok, I understand that you've resigned yourself.
It's realy more complicated to make a translation easy for an algorithm than a sentence.

Just, for Information, in french, the rules for the ordinal suffix is :
  • 1st is "1er" ("1ère" if it's a feminine way (ie. "1ère Place") but we don't care about this. "1er(e)" could be generic)
  • 2nd is "2nd" if there isn't 3rd Rank else it's "2ème" (but it's not so important "2ème" is ok in all case)
  • For all other ranks, the suffixe is "ème"

I'm agree with you : it's really not a priority :)
I will produce a translation of Automatic and Suggest Prizes distribution XML files. Users will be free to use it or not if they have modified the default files. It will be enough, I think.

Thank you for your answer ;)

jabbott

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 12:22:56 AM »
Regarding the language pack...

Will you be releasing one in Jive?  I don't speak it but I some lady on my last flight did.  She was way cool.

Just DL'd the new ver, yo.  I will break it if it can be broke, dig?

L8r.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 12:26:04 AM by jabbott »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up.

Cutty say he can't hang.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 11:22:20 PM »
huh?? ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
... from the guys speaking 'Jive' in the movie Airplane.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
 ??? huh?

I didn't see the movie  :-\

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 02:50:40 PM »
Is the software tried and tested now ?, can we all download it ?..

cheers Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
Actually, you can download 2.4.1 now.  I'm sorry, I guess I stopped updating the beta forum when the new version is finally released.  I guess I assume the check for a new version within the software would alert everyone.