Author Topic: TD Freezing!  (Read 1442 times)

benmajor

• View Profile
TD Freezing!
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
Well, I was setting up my tournament at the weekend, by creating prizes, and when I hit F2 to go to the Game Screen, the TD just froze, and wouldn't let me close or perform any tasks. I had to kill the process, and the re-open TD. I tried creating a new Tournament, but the same problem was encountered. Any help on the matter would be most gratefully appreciated.

I suspect that the problem is caused as a result of a custom template I made (seeing as TD works fine with other templates). I have attached the TLO file in the hope that perhaps there is problem with this, as opposed to my installation of TD.

Once again, any help is most gratefully appreciated indeed.
Ben

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TD Freezing!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »
Wow, it sure does.  I suspect there's something in that template that is doing it as well.... I'll let you know what I find out.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »
OK, figured it out.  It's your <prizes> token.

It appears I forgot to set default values for the attributes "rotateMax" and "rotateDelay".  In your token, you didn't set these values, so they will end up with a value of "0" (but they should default to more reasonable values, and also prevent you from setting them to 0).  This is causing the problem.

So, add these attributes to your <prizes> token.  I'd recommend editing the Payouts cell, highlighting the <prizes> token (make sure you highlight the whole thing, from < to >, and nothing else), and then press the Insert Token button.  The Insert Token dialog should open with the prizes token already selected, as well as the options that you specified in the token already configured.  Scroll down to the bottom and add the two attributes mentioned above.  Make sure to set them to reasonable values (the defaults are good, but for your layout you may want to change rotateMax to something like 2 or 3).

benmajor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »
Good work Corey, and thanks for looking into the problem. I have changed as you said, and as far as I can tell it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again for some great support to some great software,
Ben