Author Topic: Break Screen  (Read 2343 times)

pondOO7

• View Profile
Break Screen
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:03:44 AM »
I'm sure it's here somewhere, but I'm no good with searches.  Just recently purchased TD and I love it!  However, I would like to have a screen that shows for my breaks and does not rotate.  I plan on using it to promote upcoming tourneys,  "snack time" ads and current tourney info.  Is this possible?  I've tried messing with "New Screen" and Screen sets, however I'm not up to speed on the learning curve of this program.  Just wanted to get a boost.  Any help would be great.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Break Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:33:23 AM »
Create a new screen set, call it "breaks" or whatever you like.  Select the new screen set and press the Conditions button.  In the "Rounds" input, enter "all".  Add the screen you wish to display during breaks to the screen set.

If you want to have different screens for different breaks, instead of "all" enter the actual break number.  Then create another screen set for the next break, and repeat using the break number of the next break.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

pondOO7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
Thanks Cory!  I'll give it a try.  Wish me luck...

OutOfCrown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:38:08 PM »
Ok, how about: how do I (or can I?) define a screen that will be used only when there are two minutes (or less) to go in a BREAK (but not 2 minutes or less to go in a round).

It seems that the conditions on the screen set conditions page are OR'd together? I tried putting <= 120 into the time remaining and also putting "ALL" in the breaks on the conditions page, but the result is that my "two minutes to go please sit your butts back down" screen fires during the rounds too...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:38:19 PM »
No, they are ANDed together, this one is simply a bug that, apparently according to my notes, has been there pretty much forever.

A property group specified for breaks also gets selected for rounds.  eg, create a group for 40 seconds or less during a break; it will always be selected when the clock hits 40 seconds, in round or break

Without digging too deep, it seems like maybe this is true if you set the "Breaks" condition to "All".  If you set it to a specific break number, seems like it works.  So, in quickly testing this, I used the Default screen set for my main tournament screen(s).  Then for break 1, I added a new screen set with the conditions "Break" set to "1" and "Seconds left" set to "<= 120".  Did the same for break 2, but changed "Break" to "2".  Works fine for me.

FYI, I am working on allowing formula-style conditions for screen sets, property sets, etc.  Hopefully in the near future...

OutOfCrown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 07:02:10 AM »
Hmmm, I just tried this and still got the same result... my "sit back down" screen set triggers during the round. :(

The closest I've found to a workaround involves having a screen set just for breaks (no time trigger, only the break trigger) and having two screens in it with carefully chosen display times. This sort of works, but it's a bit fragile for several (obvious?) reasons.

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
I was going to report the same bug but found someone already had.  Has there been any progress in fixing it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »
This bug hasn't been fixed, basically because it's going to be superceded in the next major version of the software, which has been in the works for a while.  It will allow you to use the current conditions settings dialog ("simple" conditions), or formula-style conditions (like the events use now), which means you can use much more complex conditions.