Author Topic: Tournament Process  (Read 2042 times)

badgerdid

• View Profile
Tournament Process
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »
I have been looking into the tournaments and need to ask a question on the format.

If i have say 5 tables with 5 players per table, according to tournament director you move players around as people are out.

I presumed you would play each table, then the winners would play for the overall winner, if you see what i mean, table 1 winner, table 2 winner etc play the last rounds to find the overall winner.

But it seems as two players from table A are out a player from table B is moved to it, this evens out the tables, i can understand this.

But is this a fair way to run tournaments and is this how most of you run yours?

I just wanted to find out the way most of you do it, do you move players as more are out on a certain table?

Thanks, always learning
Badgerdid

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: Tournament Process
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
If I understand what you are asking; either way is a format for doing a tournament.  Normal tournaments are to move players as others get busted out, but a "Shootout" tournament is when you have all the tables play down to one player and then have those five players play.  If you want to run your tournament in that format, all you need to do is go into the TD program and under the "Tables" tab, there is a "Settings" button.  Then, unckeck the option that says "Automatically suggest player movement."

That . . . or, all you really have to do when the suggested movement window pops up is hit "Don't move players," but if you'd rather not deal with that, you can turn that off.

Either way is just fine to run a tournament.

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
Re: Tournament Process
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:19:51 PM »
We move players until we get to a final table..This program does an excellent job of balancing tables. The real beauty is the fact that as tournament director you don't get any "gaff" about you moved him/her because whatever reason. It is picked by the program and you just implement the move as outlined by the program.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 08:21:51 PM by lethargicdolt »
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson