Author Topic: break info  (Read 3561 times)

threekings

• View Profile
break info
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
Hi Corey,

I realized that the default text when on a break displays the PREVIOUS blinds and does not state "Break" as the previous version did. Is there any way I can change that myself? Furthermore itīs be great to display the next blinds on the tournament screen.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: break info
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 06:08:23 PM »
Hi Corey,

I realized that the default text when on a break displays the PREVIOUS blinds and does not state "Break" as the previous version did. Is there any way I can change that myself? Furthermore itīs be great to display the next blinds on the tournament screen.

The Blinds, if displayed during a break, would indeed display the "previous" blinds, sort of.  Actually, if you have a break after round 5, for example, and you display the blinds during that break, the blinds displayed will be for round 5, because it is, in a sense, still round 5.  Or, at least, it is not yet round 6.

But the "default text" for a break is "BREAK", still.  And all of the included layouts are such that the break text is displayed, and the current blinds are not, during a break.

If you want to change the text that is displayed for the <breaktext> token (which is, by default, "BREAK") you can do this by setting the value of the <breaktext> token on the Layout tab.  Press the Tokens button to do this, add a token called "breaktext", and set its value to whatever you want.  This will override it for the entire tournament.

You can also override it on a round by round (or break by break) basis, by setting it on Rounds tab.  Edit a round or break, and on the round/break dialog press the Tokens button, add a <breaktext> token and set its value.