<< < (8/9) > >>

Corey Cooper:
What does "wrecked" mean?

dirty_outs:
What I see when I first open 3.3.1

Silver Owl:
Looks like your font size is to large

Corey Cooper:
This is due to using an increased font/text size in Windows, which usually happens when your PC has a higher resolution screen.

I mitigated this somewhat in version 3.4 by introducing the ability to change the font size in the application.  This basically fixes it about 90%.  But it's a band aid really.

In a version before 3.4, the only way to fix it is to turn off the increased text size in Windows.  It's a bad solution, but really that's all you can do.  If it were me, I would set the Windows resolution back down to 1920x1080, or maybe even lower, and the text size back to 100%, when I run a tournament.

The next release (tentatively version 3.5) will fix this, because Chromium works properly with higher resolution screens and increased text size.  I tried the in-development version on my 4K laptop and it looks perfect.

Dr.Registry:
Hi All,
(Bad english sorry)

I have the same issue on Windows 10 / IE11 / TD 3.4.3.
I did a lot of tests but the last one seems conclusive, waiting for version 3.5.

What i made is the following : I replaced the file mshta10.exe with a version released with Internet Explorer 9 (File version 9.0.8112.16421) and rename it with the same name mshta10.exe.

What's happens :
- At launch, i must register again the licence because TD said the evaluation period has expired. I register, it's OK, version registered.
- Unable to use the system file dialog box. Instead, we can configure to use the integrated file box in the preferences if the system file box does not work. It's OK and all records can be made with the integrated dialog box.
- Unable to freeze the application : I have made a lot of actions, the memory grows up to 1100Mo but NO FREEZE, NO BLACK SCREEN (Before change, easy to freeze at 350Mo memory used and quickly)
- TD responds faster

I do not know all the consequences of this change but it improves much the stability of version 3.4.3 on Windows 10 while waiting for the 3.5 with NO FREEZE and NO BLACK SCREENS.

So Mr COOPER, is this a valid workaround for you ?

Other Users, can you please test this ?
The link i use to download a 64bit version of internet explorer 9 and the extract to find the mshta.exe file (There is 2 files, a 11,5Ko and a 12Ko, i take the 12Ko file) is this one --> http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/1/6/C167B427-722E-4665-9A40-A37BC5222B0A/IE9-Windows7-x64-enu.exe

UPDATED !!!
SAME GOOD RESULT with a more recent version of mshta --> version 10.00.9200.16521 (13.5Ko) released with Internet Explorer 10 64b.
At launch, i must register again the licence because TD said the evaluation period has expired. I register, it's OK, version registered.
- Unable to use the system file dialog box. Instead, we can configure to use the integrated file box in the preferences if the system file box does not work. It's OK and all records can be made with the integrated dialog box.
- Unable to freeze the application : I have made a lot of actions, the memory grows up to 1100Mo but NO FREEZE, NO BLACK SCREEN (Before change, easy to freeze at 350Mo memory used and quickly)
- TD responds faster
No download link because the link was deleted by Microsoft. I had a package of this version at work or you can obtain it on a windows 7 64b desktop with Internet Explorer 10.

Waiting for answer.
Doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version