Author Topic: Formula help  (Read 1650 times)

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
Formula help
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »
Hi!

I am a member of a poker club where we plays 12 tournaments a year, and then a final tournament. All players are assigned different points
depending placing in every tournament. In the final tournament, each player will receive 2,500 in chip stack and different amounts of chips depending
on the number of points, and the number of times you participated in tournaments throughout the year.

Calculation Formula:
2,500 + (Buy-ins count x 500) + (Total points x 100)

Example:
A player who has buy-in and played 6 tournaments and awarded 20 points, awarded 7,500 in chip stack in the year final.
Calculation: 2,500 + 3,000 + 2,000 = 7,500

When I print statistics of all played tournaments in a year so I want the final chip stack is displayed in a separate column. I figured I could use the
column "Overall Score" for this. Is it possible to make a scoring formula that works out for this calculation?

If so, can someone who can, help me how it should look like?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Formula help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
Set Tournament Score formula to:

Set Overall Score formula to:

2500 + (count(scores) * 500) + (sum(scores) * 100)

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:24:50 AM »
Set Tournament Score formula to:

Set Overall Score formula to:

2500 + (count(scores) * 500) + (sum(scores) * 100)

Wow, thanks so much! It works great!   ;D

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
Wow, this overall score formula is some thing that i would like to use to show the starting chip stack for my yearly final table.

In our small poker serie at work we run 10-12 tournaments in a year and then we have a final table in the winter.

The top 10 players will there fight for the extra big pot (10% from every tournament)

The starting stack for these 10 players is set from a % from your score from the earlier tournaments. (yes the starting stacks can and will vary a lot from 1 place to 10 place)

I'm using a spreadsheet today to calculate the startingstack, but it would be great to have this numbers calculated during the whole season and shown in the overall score column

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnJ2BTdPMgqedEFYTTNMa1ByQi1ReTJDck9PUzhmN0E if some one could make a formula for this then i would be a very happy man.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
This depends on what the "Total Score" value means for each player.  It probably is the player's points, or something computed using the Tournament Score formula on the Stats tab, and if so I think this is currently not possible.  The reason is that your formula requires the sum of ALL player's points, and as of now the Overall Score formula does not have access to this information (it only has the number of tournaments over all, the number of tournaments this player has played in, and the score values for this player).

But fear not, I'm actually overhauling the Overall Score formula right now, and it will (in version 3.2) have access to much more information (100 new variables added), and it should make your request possible.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
That sounds great Corey.