Author Topic: Satellite Tournament  (Read 1549 times)

Blade69

• View Profile
Satellite Tournament
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »
Hi,
i have some questions cz i wanna do a Satellite Tournament. Is a € 50 buy-in with unlimited Rebuy and one Addon until the first break. For every € 1.100 in the pot i give out one ticket for a bigger Tournament. The question now: can i tell TD automatic count this prizes? For example: Pot 1.100 = Ticket for place 1. Pot 2.200 = Ticket for Place 1+2 and so on. Cz its a unlimited Rebuy i dont know at the beginning how much Tickets can be win. The next point are: the oversize money will be split to the first player who didnt get a ticket. For example: Pot 3.800 = 3 Tickest for Place 1,2,and 3. the oversize money (500) will be split to rank 4 and 5.
Tricky..isnt it?
Is there any way TD can do this, or did i have to do it by myself after the first beak (fix prize) ?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Satellite Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
I think (and this is purely a guess) that if you were to put in a formula in the points for playing box, you should be able to get it to work. I'm not 100% on exactly what to put, but you would want to take the total pot, divide it by 1.1 (since it's for every 1.1 Euro), and round it down by floor. I THINK it would be something like the following (this will probably not work as typed)

floor(TotalPot, 1.1)

Hopefully someone else, who's a lot better with formulas can rectify my idea on it.

Edit: Or as a last resort, you could do the math yourself, and set up prizes, but that would be a time consuming work around.  TD should be able to figure it out.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »
Hi Magic_fubu,
i think i dont understand what u mean. Why should i put this formula in the point box? I dont want to give points. And what happend with the oversize money?
Thanks for ur answer.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:21 PM »
My apologies - I missed the oversized money portion of your request. I guess I wasn't fully clear in wording what I was trying to say. Based upon what I know, for the oversized money, you'll have to create those prizes manually and assign it out, and I'm pretty sure, in (hopefully) understanding the situation correctly, you would also have to do the same for the tickets. As a side note, if you aren't good at math, or are like me and want to do it quickly, you should be able to punch it into a calculator, or if not available, into a spreadsheet and have it calculate for you too. As far as I know, td doesn't have quite the ability to auto figure it out, but I'm sure Corey will be on within a day to give the official word.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Blade69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »
Looks like u have to do it by myself. I thought already that TD could not do this automatic.
Thank u for ur help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
Correct, the TD won't do this automatically.