Author Topic: <lastbustout> Token  (Read 1856 times)

beaker

• View Profile
<lastbustout> Token
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »
I know the likelihood that many others will find this suggestion useful is not good; but I figured that it can't hurt to ask.

I use the following tokens to drive a display message which is triggered by "a player busts out".

<name> has busted out in <ordinalrank> place.

The bust out message is displayed and an associated sound file plays each time a bust out occurs, EXCEPT when a table balance suggestion results from the bust out. In this case, the balance suggestion action (audio announcement) takes priority

In an attempt to satisfy both events I decided to merge the bust out audio clip with the table balance clip. (bust out plays first, brief pause and then the table balance clip plays) - problem solved (almost). The only problem is that the <name> and <ordinalrank" tokens do not work if "table balance is suggested" is the trigger.

Wondered if it might be possible to add something like <lastbustname> and <lastordinalrank> so that the table balance trigger can be used to display information from the bust out that forced the balance suggestion?

Thanks,
Beaker

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: <lastbustout> Token
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
That could be possible.  Why wouldn't you just move the bust-out event higher in the list than the table balance event?  Or do you consider it more important to announce (via display message) the table balance event than the bust-out event?

beaker

• View Profile
Re: <lastbustout> Token
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »

In my case the table balancing event (audio announcement) is a requirement and the bust out event (audio and display message) is just a "nice to have". Since the bust out audio clips are pretty funny / entertaining, the guys certainly notice when they don't play.

Thanks!