Author Topic: Bounty on player question  (Read 2073 times)

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Bounty on player question
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
Just wanted to throw out a question about a player bounty.

This year for our league we are giving extra points during regular season play to the player that knocks out last years TOC winner (which just happens to be me!  ;D)
The thought was that this would be points that both others could earn and that I could not receive.
What I did was create a non-monetary Bounty on Player prize giving 2 points to whom ever knocked me out.
This worked cool for the first 4 games but I won the 5th game and was expecting that prize to be 0 points since no one knocked me out.
Instead TD gave me the 2 points so I had to manually change the points to 0.

I can kinda understand the logic; the prize says give 2 points to the hitman but there was not a KO on me so the points have to go some where?
It's no big deal to make the override either. Just wondering what you guys thought about the situation?

If I had not already stated to the league that this was points I could not earn then it would be no big deal.
And obviously this only happens when I take 1st place (which I hope to be often  :D).

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Bounty on player question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
I think its a cool idea all around, and that if you get first you earn those points... but if you said you don't get points earlier then thats the way it should be... if our group came across this, we would vote as a group how they felt about it or at least brought it up at the next season