Author Topic: would like some feedback on this, please  (Read 3427 times)

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
would like some feedback on this, please
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:35:35 AM »
Would like your thoughts on my website for my poker league! (Family/friends league currently)
www.freewebs.com/fouracespokernwindiana
thanks
Big Slick
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
Re: would like some feedback on this, please
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »
Love the site, is your entire League all family?

Scott

agromans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
I like the site; easy to use and follow.  The background wall paper is great.

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
Thanks guys! Pretty much all family, some close friends and some new friends as well. We are kicking off season 2 this saturday the 10th, and afterwards i will put a couple pages back up with standings, career stats, etc. We generally average about 8-9 per tournament, but this year i think the average will be up around 11-12. one saturday a month, 2 games 3 hrs max with 30 minutes in between. If there's one thing i do more than anything when i get a thought in my head about the league, i put it in email form to all players and get their feedback and decide using that as a guide. I think I send out about 10+ emails a month! It's fun for bragging rights, talking (friendly) trash, etc. there are 8 players (including me of course) who practically never miss a game, while others show up more often than not. with new players this season, i think it will be a really tight race for player of the year. Last year, my mother and i tied and her rock score (see Overall Score) was higher than mine, thus she won the player of the year. a month later, i was going through each tourney to see who busted the bounties ("bounty hunters") and in the 6th event i noticed that a bounty was not assigned for that game. turns out she was the bounty and i was the one who eliminated her, giving me 50 more points and breaking the tie. I didn't DARE tell anyone about this (except my wife and mother in law), there was enough controversy in trying to figure out a tiebreaker at the time. now those tiebreakers are in place.

Thanks again for the kind words about the website. Freewebs.com (though now i think it is just Webs.com) is really super easy to work with, since i am not familiar at all with buliding an actual website. i would recommend it to everyone. Be sure to check for updates late on saturday the 10th or sunday the 11th!
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Four Aces Poker

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »
The site was great Slick, I bookmarked it. We started our 23 games series on the tenth (play twice a month, 23 games & a Final Table for the 24th). Next game is this weekend. Like you I leave most everything up to the League members. I have liad out a format, borrowed and edited from these forums that works quite well. But ongoing chages etc are voted on through a small Yahoo groups I have created for email dist and voting, file uploads, pics, etc.

We're at http://fightclub-aka-homepokergame.blogspot.com/

I'd be interested in hearing about snags you come up against throughout the year.

Good luck,

Scott

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
Just had one where 2 players split a pot and busting out 2 others in the process. i gave 2 hits to each player (we don't do half-hits). that one took a day or 2 to get right. I am adding 7 card stud in two weeks. i am almost finished with everything and i think it's gonna be a huge hit! can't wait for that!
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Four Aces Poker