Author Topic: Transfer TD image to tv screen  (Read 1644 times)

fiveonomo

• View Profile
Transfer TD image to tv screen
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »
Hey guys, how are ya?  It has been almost two years now and we are still using the TD and loving it.  Last month we decided to show the screen on a TV, it is larger, easier to see.  We finally figured it out and was able to see the image on the tv screen, but we had one problem.  We could not see the full TD screen.  When it was on the tv screen you could see most of the picture but not the bottom of it, so we could see current blinds but not what the next blinds would be and everything else near the bottom was not visible on the tv screen.  Is this making sense?  Is there a settings area on the tv or the computer that will fix this problem?  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Scott

RobertCarney

• View Profile
Re: Transfer TD image to tv screen
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »
hey buddie it sounds like a resolution problem to me

and that i can help with but i need some information first i need to know you current resolution and what resolution your using on your extended display ie TV and also the td setting

and the tv size and if its full hd and i will tell you how to set it up perfect :D

had the same problem for a while my self so i am only glad to help others

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:01:56 AM »
The first thing we can try is right click on the game window and select Auto Size screen. If this does not settle the issue, try this...
Find the resolution of your extended display, then on the preferences tab, click on Extended Display on the left hand side. On the dialog box that opens up, under the extended display enter the resolution and click OK. If your display is already on the extended display, move it to the main display and then back to the extended display. If the cells are still not showing up, right click on the game window and select Auto Size Screen then OK. This should resize all your cells. If you are using a layout you created, you may have to either change the cells manually (sizes) or, the easier way, would be to change the resolution of your extended display. If you choose to change the resolution, don't forget to change the resolution of that display through the Extended Display button on the Preferences tab.
Good Luck

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
Just to clarify on what Jodey is saying:

Make sure your resolution setting on the PREFERENCES tab - EXTENDED DISPLAY is equal to or less than the resolution setting of the extended display card. Once you enter the same setting as windows you can click MOVE TO EXTENDED DISPLAY
To access your extended display settings for windows right click on the desktop then go to Personalise-Display Settings then click on the second display, the current resolution setting will be below this with a scroll bar that can be moved up and down to change the video resolution.
Stuart Murray

RobertCarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
Just to clarify on what Jodey is saying:

Make sure your resolution setting on the PREFERENCES tab - EXTENDED DISPLAY is equal to or less than the resolution setting of the extended display card. Once you enter the same setting as windows you can click MOVE TO EXTENDED DISPLAY
To access your extended display settings for windows right click on the desktop then go to Personalise-Display Settings then click on the second display, the current resolution setting will be below this with a scroll bar that can be moved up and down to change the video resolution.

this is only true for vista or above xp is totally different