Author Topic: Managing non monetary prizes  (Read 1162 times)

Dahaniel

• View Profile
Managing non monetary prizes
« on: October 10, 2007, 05:42:19 AM »
Hi,

we have the idea to add a new prize for the "eternal bridesmate" (hope thats the right translation, I googled it, its "der ewige Dritte" in german :))
As we play our tournaments with only symbolic amounts of money we want to let the person which is one off the money win a free re buy for the next tournament.

Now I wonder if we could log this prize somehow in TD to easily find out before the tournament if somebody had won this prize before.
The prize should be valueable for the next tournament only.

I know that this is a pretty special feature but I'm asking because maybe there is already a way in TD to solve part of this.
And on the other side it would be a nice feature which could be helpful for more than just my special scenario to be able to track non monetary prizes too. As far as I can see only the points and money are stored right?

Daniel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Managing non monetary prizes
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »
The prize recipients are stored, too.  I don't know how you award your prize, but I assume it is something the TD cannot do automatically (like it can with a ranked prize or a bounty prize).  So, just award the prize manually by overriding the prize recipient.  Next tournament you just have to load the last tournament and see who you awarded the prize to.