Author Topic: Need help with average points  (Read 1594 times)

Scotty K

• View Profile
Need help with average points
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »
Hi all.

I run a league in which we keep stats, one of which is average points.  All players are awarded points based on how they finish.  We also have a satellite and a championship tournament, where no points are awarded.

What I noticed is that when I do the end of the season stats, while all of the points and $$$ stats are correct, the average points totals are thrown off because TD includes the satellite and championship tournaments as awarding "zero" points to everyone that played in those tourneys.

My question is:  Is there any way that I can filter out the satellite and championship tournaments in the average points stat, but keep them for the other stats?

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with average points
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »
Go to preferences tab, edit profiles and then select the games you want to be included in your stats.  refresh the stats  and you  will find what you need

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
Mahound appears to be referring to version 2.6 (still in beta), in which you can select folders and/or files to include in your stats, which would allow you to select specific tournaments for inclusion in stats.

However, this wouldn't help.  What you want (I think) is to include money, points, hits, etc, from all tournaments, but average the points over all of the tournaments except the satellite and championship tournaments.  To do that you'll have to average the points yourself, because to get the proper totals you have to include all tournaments, and the "Average Points" column is going to be averaged over all included tournaments - not what you want.

In the Filter (or Profile, if you're using 2.6), set your Tournament Score formula to:

And set one of your Overall Score formulas to:

sum(scores) / (n - 2)

Note this assumes all players play in all tournaments.  If that's not the case, you'll probably want to use:

sum(scores) / (count(scores) - 2)

And this assumes that while all players don't necessarily play in all tournaments, all players do play in the satellite and championship.  If that's not the case, you've got a much harder problem.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »
Gentlemen, thanks so much for your replies.

Corey, you pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what I'm looking to accomplish, and you are exactly right in that not every player is involved in the satellite and championship tournaments.  Perhaps I should have been more clear on this.

Here's the way we work it:  We have 11 regular tournaments in our season, and the best 9 results are used to calculate points.  I have the formulae for this and it works like a charm.

In order to qualify for either of the post-season events, a player must have played in at least 6 tournaments, so even in this instance, as we have a number of casual players, not everyone qualifies.  The winner of the satellite wins a seat at the championship, which consists of the top 8 point earners plus the satellite winner.  So as you observed, not all players will be playing in the satellite or championship events.

I guess what I could do is filter out the those two tournaments, record the results, and then enter them manually in the source code .html that I use on our website, unless of course you have any other ideas...

Regardless, thank you so much for checking into this for me.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
Mahound appears to be referring to version 2.6 (still in beta),
Yup forgot that i was using 2.6.
To be honest i dont know why any one isn't using it,  a lot easier to use, and never had any problems or bugs  at all with it.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 01:11:38 PM »
Mahound appears to be referring to version 2.6 (still in beta),
Yup forgot that i was using 2.6.
To be honest i dont know why any one isn't using it,  a lot easier to use, and never had any problems or bugs  at all with it.

To be honest, I was waiting for one of two things to happen before I made the switch:

a)  Full regular release or
b)  Our season to end

I didn't really want to switch over in the middle of our season and have to learn how to do it all over again.  Now that our season is over, I'll most likely be making the download shortly to see what all the buzz is about!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
There really isn't anything to "switch" from 2.5 to 2.6.b per say. However, it will be recommended that back up the files, just in case. The seasons and filters *may* need to be reset up on the new version, but I don't believe that there would be a need for too much else to be reset, except for maybe some preferences.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!