Author Topic: TD adding 1 hour on blinds  (Read 2087 times)

arthurbear

• View Profile
TD adding 1 hour on blinds
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »
Hi to All

Was having my monthly poker game on sat and TD decided that as the blinds ticked down and got to sat around 8 Mins of the 20 Mins blinds it just added an hour onto the time..Did this everyround...Any advice as why it may do this? Guessing its software related and not the PC?

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TD adding 1 hour on blinds
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
I've never heard of this before, and I think this would be a pretty serious issue I would hear about if it were happening to others.  Are you sure the round wasn't set to a longer time than you thought?  Is the clock configured to display the number of hours in a round?  If not, and the round is set to, say, 1 hour 30 minutes, you would still see "30:00", and when it reached zero it would roll back to 59:59.

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »
Hi Corey..

I have been using it for nearly 4 Years and have my blinds set to 20mins...It was just the game on Sat it would be counting down as normal then add 1 hour to the time, Started around round 3 I think...It seems really odd

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
It is definitely really odd.  I can't see any reason it would happen.  Please keep me updated if it happens again.

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
Hi Corey

Had another game last night..And again on some rounds..Not all it would at around add 1 hour to the count down..If I unistall and reinstall is there any way to save all my settings..Table clock layout etc.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
I've been looking through the code and can't even fathom how this could occur.  There's nothing that can be done to the clock other than start/stop, reset, or set it.  Setting and resetting have to be done manually (you can pause or unpause via an event).  But the amount of time cannot be modified without manually making that change.  Mind sending me one of your saved tournaments where it happened just so I can take a look?

If I unistall and reinstall is there any way to save all my settings..Table clock layout etc.

Uninstalling or reinstalling won't touch any files other than the program's files themselves.  Data files are never touched by the installer.  But if you want to be doubly-sure, just take a backup.  It takes a few seconds (literally).  Database tab -> Backup.

Jinx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
Not a tournament I was running or my copy of the TD software, but we did experience the same thing during a game today (03/22).  Exact same symptoms.  Not every round, but when it happened it added 1-hour.  We tried resetting all the rounds, but it still happened intermittently.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
That's frustrating and I'm really sorry it's happening.  I've looked at the main clock code (the most likely place for something like this to occur) and even at just a cursory glance I can see that it hasn't changed in over 5 years.  That could mean I'm looking in the wrong place, or that Internet Explorer has a new bug, or IE has fixed a bug that has exposed a bug or strange condition within the TD.  What version of IE do you have installed?

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Corey

Think I may have found the problem...When I have just looked at my rounds it appears some have changed to different games..Omaha/Bitch etc also no limit pot changed to Pot size (or something like that) and I noticed round 13 had 1h time and the word pot size....Guessing this maybe the cause of the 1hour etc time??????????????? Next game sat so see if its worked

Also just to add...Noticed for some reason the pc date was October 2007???  Not sure why or if that would make it do what it was doing??
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:20:20 PM by arthurbear »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
Well, I guess this is good news, then.  :)