Author Topic: Ending a tournament  (Read 2025 times)

APR

• View Profile
    • African Poker Rankings
Ending a tournament
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
Hi there

I use the tournament director along with a joomla component to create archive of past poker events.

Is it possible to create an event/tournament and then end it instantly without having to sit through the countdown..

That way i can export the data, if so how o i do this as i am new to the software for these purposes

thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ending a tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  You're trying to end the tournament?  Before there's a winner?  Or ... what?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »
Corey, I believe that he's saying that there's a tournament that has already been done (perhaps with different program) where he (she?) is saying that they want to load into the TD system.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

APR

• View Profile
    • African Poker Rankings
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »
correct

I take old live tournaments that have already happened, input the data from the tournament then post the info to my online leader board.

So once i create the tournaments and configure everything, i usually have to press start and manually bust out players etc etc

What i wanted to do is export the data after i assigned the necessary info to the tourney, without having to sit through it in real time.

Is this possible

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:12:50 PM »
The poker league I run, I alternate running with someone else. I am in the process of teaching him the program, so for now he's printing out standings and I load them in. Works for what we need (1 pt for playing, 1 pt per hit, plus a formula to distribute points to top ten). Since he's not familiar enough yet to use it, he sends me the points and I sort it out for the top ten (in fact, I just did this). As long as you have the order of the tournament, you can theoretically have a 3 minute tourney that's loaded into TD. The actual tournament may have taken hours, but if you're looking to load it in, it should only take as long as you need to record the hits.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

APR

• View Profile
    • African Poker Rankings
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
 :)

Thank you

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »
Your welcome :) glad to be helpful
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
I use the tournament director along with a joomla component to create archive of past poker events.

Missed that sentence entirely.

What Magic_fubu said.  :)

APR

• View Profile
    • African Poker Rankings
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »
Sorry, one more thing

If i don't have the names of all participants, can i just enter the people who made the money ? or will it mess things up..

Problem with archiving is most data is scarce, from 2010 forward i have no issues..

Or is there a way to HIDE players who i don't know the names of, currently i enter a generic number like "Player5" Player6 etc to describe the ones i don't have data for
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:45:29 AM by SAPR »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:50:08 AM »
I do something similar to your idea - I have an "unclaimed", but I think it would be better to go about it as player 1, 2, etc, and not to start over with each new tournament, in case you find out who it really is. That way, should you find out who it is, you can merge them without any issues, as I think I may have (See my "Another merge question" topic)
---