Author Topic: Sort Players By Current Chip Count  (Read 1629 times)

Guzzler

• View Profile
Sort Players By Current Chip Count
« on: March 25, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
G'day.

We are having a 2-day event, and Day 1 is over.  I would like to sort the players on the "Players" tab to show all the players remaining, in descending order by their current chip counts.  I would then like the remaining players to be sorted in the ascending order they busted out.

Basicially, I want the current players ranked by chip counts (20 players remaining), then to list player 21, 22, 23, etc.

This works on the "Player Rankings" screen, and can be shown on my projector, but not using the "Players" tab, and thus I cannot export a proper file to upload online.

THANX
JARROD

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sort Players By Current Chip Count
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
Unfortunately the software only allows sorting by a single column at this time.  I do have a to-do list item for this, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.  Sorry!

Guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »
Well then, please allow me to completely change the subject, then...

Is there a way to keep track of the position a player was eliminated at their table?

For example, we have 32 players, 4 tables of 8.  Each player will get points based on what position they bust out at their own table only, no merging of tables.  Kind of like a shoot-out format, only the winners never play each other.

THANX - AGAIN
JARROD

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
Sorry to have to say sorry twice, but the TD doesn't actually support this format of play.  It's all one big tournament to the TD.

Guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
OK - new issue has arose...

I CANNOT "ADD PLAYERS" TO MY TOURNAMENT.

Everything else is working perfect, but the moment I click "Add Players", the program freezes.  The clock works, I can add "New Players", I can change the blinds, load saved tournaments - everything else works fine.  I've tried "New Player", and then using the name of a player already in the database, and it comes up telling me that this player is already in the database.  I've tried putting players already in the database in as "New Players", then merging them, and the program freezes.  I've tried to hit "New Player", then the "Add Player" button, and the program freezes. 

Basically, any time the program has to show me the database, the program freezes.  But the program does know the database is there, as it tells me so when I'm adding a "New Player" that is already in the database.

At my end, my computer is running Windows 8.1, and it did do a couple of updates earlier this week.  I used the program on Tuesday without any problems, but had my issues on Saturday.

Guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »
UPDATE...

The database does load - it just takes 6-8 minutes per player!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
Discussion of this issue is now in the following topic: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5013.0