Author Topic: Event issue  (Read 1714 times)

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
Event issue
« on: June 25, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
Hi Corey,

I seem to be having a problem with setting up events. The events I am setting up have to do with the beginning of a new round when the Blinds go up. When I set these events up, the second round (roundNum=2) will be the first audio announcing that the blind have gone up. The third round (roundNum=3) will be the second audio announcing that the blinds have gone up. The first two work just fine, now the problem. The next round (3rd round) is a break, break #1. I have set the break as (roundNum=4) but the audio announces the (roundNum=3)’s audio. I did some research and found where (breakNum=??) may need to be used so I tried (breakNum= 1…4) and with each instance the break plays the (roundNum=3)’s audio. If I were to add a (roundNum=5), the (roundNum=5) will play the break #1 audio.

Very confusing, any suggestions? ???

Thanks
Jerry

I have modified events to use isRound && (roundNum = 2) instead of (state=2) && (roundNum = ??) still if using a break, all is messed up.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:46:40 PM by jrwilson1946 »
Jerome R. Wilson

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Event issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
Maybe...... (not isRound) and (state = 2)  With condition set

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:20:25 PM »
Thanks for your input;

I am currently using:
isRound && (roundNum = ??) for my tournament rounds

Now for my breaks, 1,2 and 3, what would you recommend?

(not isRound) && (state = 2) && (breakNum = ??)
Jerome R. Wilson

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:13 PM »
I use (not is Round) and (state = 2) and set up 3 x ...1 per break

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:15:47 PM »
I ended up using   (!isRound) && (breakNum = ??)   and now all rounds and breaks are working as expected.

Again thanks for putting me on the right track...
Jerome R. Wilson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
Keep in mind that during a break, the round number does not change.  So if you have your first break after round 3, then during that break the round number is still 3.  The round number won't change to 4 until the 4th round actually starts.  To make sure the correct event fires, you should use as many conditions as necessary.  To distinguish between rounds and breaks, use isRound and/or isBreak.  Not just on the events that target rounds, but all events that are round/break based.  That way you don't get an event targeted for a round firing during a break.