Author Topic: my load button stopped working  (Read 67217 times)

ramjet34

• View Profile
Re: my load button stopped working
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
Hi All. Been using the TD for a number of years and this is my first post. I thought I would share this with you. I hadn't had any issues and ran my usual monthly tournament about two weeks ago with no problems. Yesterday I was setting up for a new tournament today and I encountered this problem with no loads, saves etc working. I can not recall any update or download during that time. Last night I updated the laptop to the new windows 8.1 and all these problems disappeared. I was able to load my tournament and it went ahead without a hitch. BTW great software and I enjoy using it. Still trying to learn a few aspects but thanks very much.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »
Thanks for the update, ramjet34.  This is good info, and good news.

Mak35

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »
Windows 7 64b. I did install IE10 right around this problem started happening. I've also updated the software to it's latest version. I've since rolled it back to IE9 and I'm still having the following issues:

Save does not work.
Load does not work.

This renders the software basically unusable for me as I can load a tournament from a template but then cannot even do s "save as".

Any progress on this issue?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Unfortunately no.  Still have been unable to replicate it.  I've tested directly on 4 desktops, 2 laptops, and 4 virtual machines.  I've installed various anti-virus software, all Microsoft patches, and even several variants of malware.  I just can't make it happen.

kevin J

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »
Hi Corey,
I am running two Commercial level 2 versions of TD 3.2.1 on two separate laptops and now, as of 3 days ago one has succumbed to this problem.
Unfortunately I am not as computer savvy as alot of your forum users are, but what I did do is click on the previous version 2.5.11 in my start menu and excluding the errors that showed it did take me to the main menu and allow selection of load and save as.
Willing to assist in anyway I can. Kev

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 10:30:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that Kevin.

but what I did do is click on the previous version 2.5.11 in my start menu and excluding the errors that showed it did take me to the main menu and allow selection of load and save as.

That is highly unusual and unexpected.  Both versions use the same control to display file dialogs, so if broken for one it should be broken for the other.

The best thing I can recommend is to roll back IE to the previous version, whatever that may be.  For reasons still unknown, this has had the most success (I'd give it at least a 50% success rate, and it's probably considerably higher).  Uninstalling IE will roll back to the previous version.  Give that a try and then run the TD again to see if it fixes the issue.  To rollback (for Windows 7/Vista/XP):

(1) Click on the "Start" button and type "Programs and Features" in the search box
(2) Click on the "View installed updates" in the left pane of the menu
(3) Go over to the "Uninstall an update" screen and scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows" section
(4) Select Internet Explorer (9 or 10 or 11 or whatever version is installed) and click "Uninstall"
(5) Restart your PC

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
Hi Corey, my load button stopped working both for loading a tournament and for loading a layout.
I have version 10 of IE on Win8.
I'm using 3.3 latest version of TD
#EDIT
Also the "save as" for tournament saving... and I cannot set the autosave :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:30:58 AM by Linker_Split »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2014, 08:07:20 PM »
Hey Linker_Split, it's all the same dialog.  Loading anything, or saving when the application doesn't know the name of what you're saving (a new tournament, for example), or checking auto-save (because it has to ask for the filename the first time), all of these things display the file dialog, and that's what's broken somehow.

I still don't know what the root cause of this issue is, and I still can't replicate it myself.  Rolling back IE has been the most successful method of fixing the issue.  See the instructions in my last reply (just before your message) for rolling back IE.  And cross your fingers.  If rolling back to IE9 fixes the issue, and you're feeling brave, you could then upgrade again to IE10.  Since I can't replicate this I can't say if it will work for you or not, but some have reported doing this and the file dialog still working.

I also had someone very recently report that rolling IE back to the previous version did NOT fix the issue, but afterwards they disabled all Internet Explorer plug-ins and that DID fix the issue.  Your mileage may vary.

RagsAce

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
OK, same issue (can't load, save, etc).  No problem for the past year.  Yesterday I updated from TD 3.1 to TD 3.3 as recommended.  
All I can do is start new from an old session.  Cannot save or auto-save.  
How about a real fix from the folks at TD.  

FYI, This is Win 7 & IE 11.  I have disabled ALL IE plug-ins.  HELP! HELP! or I will have to look for a better tool that actually works and is supported. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:08:20 PM by RagsAce »

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »
You need to chill just a bit, dude. If you find ANY software with better support than TD, share it with us! I note you're running Internet Explorer 11 so you also may want to read the posts above yours re rolling back IE.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

leking

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
i have v. 3,3 and i canīt load saved tournement plz help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
Roll back IE.  This has been the most successful and most consistent solution.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 10 or 11:

(1) Click on the "Start" button and type "Programs and Features" in the search box (or type "Programs and Features" in the search charm if you're running Windows 8)
(3) Go over to the "Uninstall an update" screen and scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows" section
(4) Select Internet Explorer 10 or 11 and click "Uninstall"
(5) Restart your PC

leking

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:31 AM »
Roll back IE.  This has been the most successful and most consistent solution.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 10 or 11:

(1) Click on the "Start" button and type "Programs and Features" in the search box (or type "Programs and Features" in the search charm if you're running Windows 8)
(4) Select Internet Explorer 10 or 11 and click "Uninstall"
(5) Restart your PC

I have tried and it helps unfortunately, and I deleted everything related with various upgrades (I can not load, save or export the)     :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  :(

This does work for most, but I do have a few documented cases where it didn't work.  Unfortunately I don't know of a better solution.  If it were me, I would probably try moving to a newer version of IE, and/or back to an older version of IE, just to go through the install/uninstall process, since this seems to be what triggers the fix for this issue.

aquadad

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution for this soon. I'm in the middle of a season and now I'm dead in the water. No saving, no loading. I'm back to recording everything with pen and paper. TD3 has been reduced to a clock on my laptop as of right now.

I've tried everything I've read here. IE 10 is imbedded into windows 8. It can't be deleted. It can only be disabled. No turning back the clock to an earlier version as far as I can tell.  :-\