Author Topic: Final Table  (Read 1556 times)

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
Final Table
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
Would it be possible to add a feature that designates one table to be the Final Table and is not used for the initial seating and player movements?  The situation is this: 32 players buy in to the tournament.  I would like to set up 5 tables; 4 tables would seat 8 players at each; the fifth table could be named "Final Table" (as opposed to "Table 5"), would have 10 seats and would not be used until there are 10 players left in the tournament.  I know I could manually make the changes when the tournament is down to 10 players, but anything that can be set before hand makes my life easier (and I'm so important that making my life easier should be at the top of everyone's list, dontcha think? LOL).

Corey, I can't thank you enough for creating and especially maintaining this program.  Your tireless efforts surely do not go unnoticed.  If you're ever in New York dinner is on me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Final Table
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:26:36 AM »
Here's one option - don't know if there's more.

In your tables tab, set up all five tables (4@8, Final @ 10). Once all five are set up, right click on seat 1, and select "make unavailable". This will bring up a dialogue where you can type in what you want - "Reserved for finalists", for example. Repeat so that all ten are set up that way. Then, click on collapse order, and move "Final Table" in the column of "Collapse these tables last." Alternatively, if you have tables set for collapsing first, you could move Final Table to the bottom of that list, and ensure that the box for "in this order" is checked.

Again, I don't know if there are other options, but this would at least take care of what you're looking to do.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
There's no way to do this in an automated fashion.  If you've got a 10-seater configured, the TD will try to use it, particularly if it is larger than your other tables.  I would suggest marking a few of the seats (3 would work) as "unavailable" at the start.  That would prevent the automatic seating from picking it (*except for if using Auto Seat at buy-in; if you're using that, mark all the seats as unavailable; maybe I should add a menu option to do this).  Once you get down to 2 tables (16 players), it's probably safe to make those seats available again.  The automatic seating shouldn't move anyone to the 10-seater until you're down to 10 players.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:07 PM »
There's no way to do this in an automated fashion.  If you've got a 10-seater configured, the TD will try to use it, particularly if it is larger than your other tables.  I would suggest marking a few of the seats (3 would work) as "unavailable" at the start.  That would prevent the automatic seating from picking it (*except for if using Auto Seat at buy-in; if you're using that, mark all the seats as unavailable; maybe I should add a menu option to do this).  Once you get down to 2 tables (16 players), it's probably safe to make those seats available again.  The automatic seating shouldn't move anyone to the 10-seater until you're down to 10 players.

If you're talking about making an option to mark the table as unavailable, I would definitely see the basis for it. If this were to become an option, I just might make use of it myself, to the idea of what was originally brought up
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!