Author Topic: Help With Rebuy Tourneys & Bounty  (Read 5976 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Help With Rebuy Tourneys & Bounty
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »
Tell me if I'm doing this right. I want to have a rebuy tourney with bounties on all players. The bounty will only be paid on the final bustout of each player. From what I have read I need to create a Bounty Prize. I ran a test tourney and it seemed to work fine but I would just like TD to handle things different.

On my Layout screen under the Winners it lists all my normal payouts and the list of bounty prizes and the correct recipient ( the person who won the bounty ) . I would like for it to only show my normal payouts and not list the bounty prizes/winners. Don't know if it matters but I use Automatic prizes.

Hope this makes sense.

Chuck
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:07:40 PM by Seitz333 »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Help With Rebuy Tourneys & Bounty
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
I'm not too sure about 1 and 2, but as far as 3 goes, since you're going to have a bounty on all players, It kinda already does keep track of it, although I'm not sure if TD would be able to show it. On your players tab, double click each player, and within it, there's a section for bounties you can look at. Alternatively, under status, you can see how many hits the player has.

If I recall correctly for #2, showing the prizes will only show the label by default, and I'm not too sure if/how to show the recipient of the prize.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »
I'm not too sure about 1 and 2, but as far as 3 goes, since you're going to have a bounty on all players, It kinda already does keep track of it, although I'm not sure if TD would be able to show it. On your players tab, double click each player, and within it, there's a section for bounties you can look at. Alternatively, under status, you can see how many hits the player has.

If I recall correctly for #2, showing the prizes will only show the label by default, and I'm not too sure if/how to show the recipient of the prize.

After playing with it some more I found that on the Players tab it does show what I'm looking for, but I would still like for the Layout screen to only show my Automatic Prizes and not the bounties.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Chuck

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
I guess what I would be looking for is to have the Winners cell not include bounties? Maybe give the option to include which type of prizes you want to include in the Winners cell using tokens???

I'm just starting to play with the tokens.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
Tell me if I'm doing this right. I want to have a rebuy tourney with bounties on all players. The bounty will only be paid on the final bustout of each player. From what I have read I need to create a Bounty Prize. I ran a test tourney and it seemed to work fine but I would just like TD to handle things different.

Bounty chips are awarded when a player is busted out.  If the busted player rebuys, it does not affect the original bounty chip.  Bounty prizes are awarded to the hitman on the final bust-out of a player (meaning if you've created a prize that is a bounty on player Steve, and Steve is busted out, then the prize will immediately be awarded to Steve's hitman; but if Steve then rebuys, the prize is no longer awarded to anyone until Steve is again busted out).  So in order to have bounties on all players that work this way (the bounty going to the final hitman), you'll have to create individual prizes as bounties on each players.

On my Layout screen under the Winners it lists all my normal payouts and the list of bounty prizes and the correct recipient ( the person who won the bounty ) . I would like for it to only show my normal payouts and not list the bounty prizes/winners. Don't know if it matters but I use Automatic prizes.

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Winners" layout cell that is included in the Default layout.  This cell uses the <prizes> token to display the list of prizes and their recipients.  There are many different options for this particular token, but displaying only a specific type of prize (one that is awarded by rank versus by bounty, for example) is not one of the options.  If you know how many prizes you have (and thus how many of them are awarded by rank), you could use the "max" attribute to limit the number of prizes displayed, and thus omit those that are awarded as bounties.  But if you're using the Automatic prizes feature, then the prize list will change as players buy-in, and this technique won't work.

I can't think of another way to accomplish what it is you are wanting.  Sounds like a good feature request, though.  Perhaps another attribute to the <prizes> token to display only a specific type of prize.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
One more question, is there an easy way to create a Bounty Prize for all players entered in the tourney? Kind of a pain to manually create one for each player. This is a rebuy tourney and I only want the bounty paid on the final bustout of each player. Maybe add the option to add a bounty prize when buying a player into the tourney?

Thanks,

Chuck

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
One more question, is there an easy way to create a Bounty Prize for all players entered in the tourney? Kind of a pain to manually create one for each player. This is a rebuy tourney and I only want the bounty paid on the final bustout of each player. Maybe add the option to add a bounty prize when buying a player into the tourney?

Thanks,

Chuck
There are some tokens ( bountychips ) ( bountytotal ) ( bountywinners ) and on the Game tab, put a check, in ( Use player bounty chip, and Bounty chip cost,)...if those are set up then when you buy in players it on the Buy in Players box.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »
Thanks TIMMER, I will play with the tokens tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Just started learning about how to use the tokens.

Chuck

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
There are some tokens ( bountychips ) ( bountytotal ) ( bountywinners ) and on the Game tab, put a check, in ( Use player bounty chip, and Bounty chip cost,)...if those are set up then when you buy in players it on the Buy in Players box.

It does not look like you can add tokens to the buyin popup, did not see a bounty prize token either. Also the bounty chip will not work in my case because I'm doing rebuys and I want the bounty to only be paid on the final knockout of each player. Using a bounty chip pays on each knockout in a rebuy tourney. The player would have to rebuy a bounty chip on each rebuy.

Chuck
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:23:19 PM by Seitz333 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »

Nope, there's no way to do this automatically.  You'll have to trudge through it manually.

There is another option.  Let the first bust-out win the bounty chip.  Then, if you want, let players buy another bounty chip when they rebuy.  The bounty chip feature (on the Game tab) would then handle everything automatically for you.

On a personal note, I'd be mad if I took the risk to bust-out a player, succeeded, and then was cheated out of my rightfully won bounty chip because the player decided to rebuy.  Of course, "cheated" is just my personal take on it.  We all play differently.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »

I just make a bounty for all players on the game tab. Click on "use players bounty chips". Select "Restrict Bounties" the put the cost of the bounties in the "Bounty Chip Cost".
Does that not do what is required? I don't see why you have to manually create one for each player. Or is this something i am completely misunderstanding.

Also a bounty chip can be purchased by adding the cost of the bounty in the rebuy section on the game tab.

On my Layout screen under the Winners it lists all my normal payouts and the list of bounty prizes and the correct recipient ( the person who won the bounty ) . I would like for it to only show my normal payouts and not list the bounty prizes/winners.

As far as i can see the <prizes> token does just what your asking, i cant see any option in the token to display the bounty prizes.

Or is this something i am completely misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:07:41 PM by Mahound »