Author Topic: The entire default layout is white and can't change colours.  (Read 1601 times)

Virt

• View Profile
The entire default layout is white and can't change colours.
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:53:29 AM »
installed TD2 on new PC, win 8 and when i am opening the default program every box is white with black txt.

Tried to go to layout and change front and background colours for main screen and different cells, colummns, but nothing happens.
Tried to put a background image onto mainscreen, but does not show up.

Tried to load some old layouts i had saved, but they also load up with no colours at all.

Some basic setting that i am missing?

EDIT:
Tried to remove version 2 and installed trial version 3, but same problem.
Even when i try to load the default layouts with blue colour and the one with black/green they load up but all white.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:58:32 AM by Virt »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The entire default layout is white and can't change colours.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
Does the game window screen say "The active Screen Set (Default) has no screens defined"?

Virt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
No and when i look in alerts there are nothing that implies there is any erros.

Tried to make a simplistic setup on my old PC and it looks like this.

When i copy everything over to my new pc and load templates and make sure they are in right directories it looks like this.

When i try and change the colour of fonts, it does not change color in the sample box, and neither shows the colours next to the "colourcode"
Changing cell,columms sizes does not function. Type in various numbers, but they stay the same.

And when i try to load all the inbuilt layouts they all come out white, except a few of them which use backgrounds.

Functions fine on old PC, but can't get it to work on this PC with win 8.
Not sure what i'm missing or doing wrong.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »
That's really quite strange.  I've not seen anything quite like it before.

There are some differences, of course.  ,- at the end of money instead of the leading $.  The font for the chips appears to be different.  Seems like it might be a different layout, but even so I'd expect colors would show up if you change them after loading a layout.  Only thing I can think of is maybe there's actually a screen defined that is black and white and it's being displayed even though you might think it's a different screen.  On the Game window, you can press the Tab key to see which screen is being displayed (and which Screen Set).  You should also be able to see this on the Controls tab.

Nothing else comes to mind that would make all colors (foreground and background) go strictly black and white only.