Author Topic: 2.6.b2 Background pic  (Read 4171 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
2.6.b2 Background pic
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Corey, I did a mock tourney to test out some aspects of the background picture and schemes I've been toying with last couple of weeks, and I noticed that once the game is over, the background picture goes from mostly filled (with some tiling present), to a full screen/stretch position. Not sure if I'm the only one to get this, but in case it is a bug/issue, I wanted to bring it to your attention.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6.b2 Background pic
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
Why don't you send me your layout and I'll have a look.  Use the Export feature on the layout tab.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »
Didn't see an attach for PMs, so here it is.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
I'm going to need the background image, too (that's why I suggested using the Export feature on the Layout tab - that would have zipped up the layout file and the background image for you).

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
It was how I did it; however, due to the picture not being stored in the data store for the program, that is why it never came with it. Will get it there so that it should be included very quickly.  Sorry!
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »
Couple of things to note: The issue happened with TD set to simple mode (have not tested on tracking mode). Also, when going through the export, when it requested to save the rounds, I get the following error:

'null' is null or not an object (LayoutTab, TournamentPage: 3487)
 at uber(String, String)
 at anonymous(String)
 at ExportLayoutWorkDialog.startWork()
 at [unknown]()
 at openDialog(ExportLayoutWorkDialog)
 at LayoutTab.exportLayout()

Here's the layout with the picture (hopefully) embedded within it. I did not get the pop up like I did initially did, so it should work for you (granted, I did save it with the same file name). If you need more, let me know and I'll get them added onto the post.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »
Yeah, I forgot that I broke the "work" dialog in beta 2.  That is essentially the same dialog that is used when backing up or restoring the database.  So yeah, the Export Layout will be broken, too.

Just attach the image that goes with the layout (the last file you attached is the saved layout again), or email it to me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
Here's the pic
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
So here is my quick assessment.  When the background image is set to both (a) repeat and (b) center, background image is positioned according to the size of the content in the Game window (so the size of your layout).  IE will attempt to center the picture and tile around it, essentially.  Because the layout by default "stretches", when you resize the Game window you'll see the background image move around, since this will also resize the content of the window.  If you're in full-screen mode, you won't see this because you can't resize the window.

When your layout does certain things (like tick down from 10:00 to 9:59), the size of the content changes significantly enough that the background is repositioned.  This is just the way it works, and isn't new in the 2.6.

There are a lot of ways around this.  Don't tile.  Don't center.  Change the content a little bit.  You'll have to experiment to see which is right for you.  I would suggest resizing some of the elements first to ensure that your layout doesn't get larger than your actual screen.  Then maybe try resizing the image itself.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
It's not a huge issue for me. Just noticed how, when in full screen mode, it was tiled during the tournament, then on game over screen, it went full screen. As aforementioned, I didn't know if it was an issue or not, or if I was just creating some sort of odd occurance.  :D
---