Author Topic: Data Store Location  (Read 1858 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Data Store Location
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:43:01 AM »
Is there a way to set the Data Store to a file on my web server? and access it from work?
I don't know what the issue here is...but I want to embed a swf object in my layout.
<embed src="http://www.jodystacey.com/pokerAD.swf" width="900" height="250" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"</embed>
When you view this swf in a web browser, it displays. In TD 2.10, the background color of my swf file is showing up only.
This swf has embedded swf's.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:23:02 AM by jodybingo »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Data Store Location
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
As far as I know, this should work.  Don't know if that is the real URL or you've just given that as an example, but clicking on that link gives a 404 (page not found) error.  Maybe that is the issue?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
Sorry about the link...I took the swf files off last night. I put them back up so you can try to embed them into a cell . (five swf files in all, the main swf has four embedded swf files in a movie clip container)
I also ran into another problem with the alpha release. I created a layout using the alpha, reverted back to v2.5.10 (wondering if my swf files could not be rendered in the alpha version) and the layout and mock tournament I created in the alpha could not be opened.
Jody

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
Interesting.  So here's what I get:

- If embedded in a web page, I see a static background image (brown gradient with red bars on the sides).  I see this with IE7, Firefox 3, and Chrome 4.  I also see this when embedded in a cell in the TD.
- If I open the swf directly (navigate to http://www.jodystacey.com/pokerAD.swf), I see the animated SWF in Firefox and Chrome, but IE gives me an error and displays nothing.

I really know almost nothing about SWF files, and definitely nothing about embedding them one in another.  But it looks to me like the TD behaves in the same way as IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

For your comment on the alpha version: yes, file formats have changed (this was noted in the release notes), and they are not backwards compatible.  So you won't be able to load in 2.5.10 (or any previous version of the software) any tournament or template files you've saved with version 2.6.  Maybe I should have made this more clear in the notes.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »
For your comment on the alpha version: yes, file formats have changed (this was noted in the release notes), and they are not backwards compatible.  So you won't be able to load in 2.5.10 (or any previous version of the software) any tournament or template files you've saved with version 2.6.  Maybe I should have made this more clear in the notes.
You were pretty clear in the notes...I didn't read everything as closely as I should. My bad...
As for my first question in my topic, I don't know if I had an answer. Is it possible to put my data store on my server and access it via FTP ?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
Sorry...I didn't phrase my question properly.
Can I copy my data store onto my server, and set TD to use this as my data store. I currently try to enter the location of the folder on my server (using both http and ftp prefix and both are returning an error)
Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »
No, the software won't use HTTP or FTP protocols to access a filesystem.  You would have to map a drive via Windows file sharing.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
I have achieved my goal using VPN. I just have a few things to figure out now and I'll be happy as a pig in (fill in the blank)