Author Topic: Ideas for Teams / Leagues  (Read 4193 times)

segundo

• View Profile
Ideas for Teams / Leagues
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:05:18 AM »
I am starting a poker team / League and just wanted to get some ideas of what other teams / leagues do. Team / league dues. Team vacations, WSOP sattelite tournys etc. Thanks

clouds_kid

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for Teams / Leagues
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »
Go into more detail of what you want to know.  I'm running a league, but if it's anything like what you want, I'll post it.

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
I just finished a 10 week session for our league. What is it you are looking for?

I can either post our league structure or you can email me your details and I can reply with them (timothy@myactv.net)

Tim

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »
Also It would help to include the state/country you are in to get the best info.  Some leagues run things differently because of the local laws.

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 12:40:15 PM »
I typically recommend nothing shorter of a 12 Week League.  Something that we started doing was a 50/50 Payout of the progessive prize pool.  We about 40-50 Active Players in our league and Payout 50% of the Progressive Prize Pool to the top 3 Point Holders at the end and then the top 10 Point Holders Play for the Remaining 50%. 

We changed to this because it sucks to do well all year long and have a bad tournament or a bad beat and get nothing for it.  We also have the ToC contestants starting chips relate to the number of points they had.  I simply Add the Total amount of points from the top 10 Players then divide each players point count with the total count to get the # of starting chips.

Hope this helps
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
I think I might know what segundo means.

What is the purpose of having a certain amount of time for your league. Why not just make it continuously running. Do you have an end of season tournament or special prizes. If so how do your leagues play that out.

I play at a home saturday night get-together. There are up to 20 people playing so I was wondering, like segundo, how to step to the next level. Then I have sell this to the other players.

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
We have at least 12-week leagues.

Each week EVERY player pays an extra £3.00 league fee on top of the normal tourney buy-in. These £3's are collected and used to payout league prizes at the end of the league. So if the average turnout is 40 players then there is 40 * 12 * 3 in the league fund (or £1440). This is chopped in a similar fashion to a tournament prize split., e.g 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd etc based on the league points they earned during the league.

The final 9 players will all get points (but not all necessarily money - i.e. if only 28 players we only pay money to top 6, but all 9 will still get points) - 1st gets 10, 2nd 8, 3rd 7 down to 9 who gets 1 point.

Sometimes we may have a sponsor who may offer a big tourney seat as a prize, e.g. EPT Copenhagen. We still collect the £3's and in this case the winner of the league gets the seat and the league func collected paid to 2nd place onwards. The number of places is largely determined by the amount of money collected. Also, these special leagues are also longer - more like 26-week leagues.