Author Topic: Ms-its Problem -- Still Hanging?  (Read 1892 times)

BriGuy

• View Profile
Ms-its Problem -- Still Hanging?
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »
I have the same problem described in the sticky post except for a few differences.

I used the software for my first tournament last month.  Everything ran great.  I bought the resgistration today and went to enter the registration and guess what?  Ms-its white box of doom.

I have no idea how this happened but I have found a way around it.  When the white box pops up, I right-click it and select refresh.  The program starts running, but things are out of alignment and I get a lot of red X boxes (like on IE when a picture has an invalid path).  A lot of the pop-up windows are not properly sized and I have to use the tab key to show the "OK" box so I can select it.

Bottom line is this.  I can use the software, but all of the setup screens are difficult to use.  Has this issue ever been resolved?  Please let me know as my tournament is this Saturday and I'm worried this is suddenly going to stop working when I need it the most.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ms-its Problem -- Still Hanging?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »
Did you try re-enabling ms-its protocol using the BugOff program?  What you are describing is very similar to what I've seen if I disable the ms-its protocol after starting the program.  Icons and images break and dialogs are all messed up.

BriGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
Did you try re-enabling ms-its protocol using the BugOff program?  What you are describing is very similar to what I've seen if I disable the ms-its protocol after starting the program.  Icons and images break and dialogs are all messed up.

Unfortunately, I tried all of the solutions mentioned in the article.  Nothing worked.  Well, I haven't re-registered every single .dll file, but I tried the BugOff and MJ's Help Diagnostics methods.  I have Spybot S&D, has that caused issues with anyone else?  There has to be a way to fix this.  What system files does this program call on?  Chances are one of them is corrupt.

Anyone have suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »
You might try repairing or reinstalling Internet Explorer.  Here is a link from Microsoft with instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/en-us?spid=2073&sid=186