Author Topic: Multi-terminal buy-in stands... possible?  (Read 2515 times)

dc_rocker

• View Profile
Multi-terminal buy-in stands... possible?
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »
Hi Corey,

It's been a while since I've written here. The reason I've been away is mainly because your software works way too well.
Now I'm writing again because through the end of 2008, my tournaments got big to the point where it isn't practical anymore to have only one computer handling buy-ins.
The ideal solution would be two or more people in different computers, sharing a database information (which players are buying-in) and sharing tournament information (how many players and which seats are occupied).

I know you already said once that this was unlikely to happen, but, you also said that multi monitor support was a distant dream =)

One other nice thing to be added is a "Method of Payment" field on the buy-in box. If you could preselect which methods are available on the preferences section (like credit card, cash, check or online satellite for example) and then, on the buy-in dialog box select from a pull down menu, it would just be AWESOME! It would provide me with a instant report of the financial income of the tourney.

Thanks again
Best regards,
DC
Brazilian Series of Poker
www.bsop.com.br

dc_rocker

• View Profile
Re: Multi-terminal buy-in stands... possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:34:09 PM »
Forgot to Add,

In the chop prizes options, It would be nice to have an option to leave part of the prize aside. For example, there are $50K yet to be distributed among the 3 finalists. They decide to chipcount-chop 40K and play for 10K for the champion.

thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
The multi-screen display was definitely a lot of work, but it pales in comparison to what would need to be done to support multiple computers.  The framework on which the TD is built doesn't remotely support this kind of configuration.  That doesn't mean it couldn't be done, it would just be .. difficult, to say the least.  But mainly, it's a matter of the amount of work required to support this versus the payoff.  It would be a LOT of work, and relatively few users would benefit from it.  So it comes down to a matter of priorities.  Development time is better spent on other features that will benefit a larger audience of users.

I hate to put it that way (I don't want it to sound as if your feature request isn't important), but that is how I have to prioritize development work.

dc_rocker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:17:35 AM »
Hi Corey,

I understand your position. Nevetheless, it would be great if you could think about it from time to time =) maybe one day you'll think of a revolutionary solution to this issue.

Now, to another subject. You have recently added an option to include salesperson information when byuing a player in. However, I have not found a way to include the salesperson information when exporting player data (using the "IMPORT/EXPORT" button on the Players tab) or to simply display it on that page. It has the usable token that allows me to print the information on the receipt but, other than that, I can't seem to use that information for my tournament's finacial record.

Please take a minute to llok into it, and to the payment method selection I talked about on the previous post.

Thanks,
DC

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »
The salesperson is for receipt generation only.  The software doesn't store that information anywhere - receipts are generated at the time of the "transaction".  After that, the software forgets all about it.  I suppose I *could* save that information.

Method of payment could be done, as well ... basically the same way the salesperson is done today.  I'll put it on the to-do list.