Author Topic: The prize pool is under-allocated  (Read 2886 times)

theHammer

• View Profile
The prize pool is under-allocated
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:49:34 PM »
Getting the "Problem": The prize pool is under-allocated (not all prize pool money is allocated for prizes).

How do I correct this?  i DO have a buck or too that's not being given out, due to rounding of the prizes, but do I have to allocate i.e. $2.50 to "something" or else get this "Problem" message?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The prize pool is under-allocated
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
You can set any combination of prizes to share the "leftover" amount.  Just check the "Share leftover" box on the prize dialog.

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:37:10 PM »
I'm on the "Prizes" tab, but I don't see a "Share Leftover" button.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  I believe I saw that before, but can't seem to find it now.

Help!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:14:40 PM »
Just check the "Share leftover" box on the prize dialog.

Emphasis added.  Double-click a prize to open the prize dialog.  So double-click the prize to which you would like the leftover to be allocated.  On the prize dialog is the "Share leftover" checkbox (actual wording is "Share leftover pot", left-hand side in the "Amount" pane).

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »
Thanks Corey!  I'm starting to get the hang of this, and spending time goin' thru this forum is also a BIG help.  What a GREAT program.  My poker buddies love it!  And as I'm gettin' into it -- I'm just more and more amazed at how versatile and usable this software is! TY - TY - TY!  I couldn't be runnin' my tournaments the same without it.

One more Q [at least ;) ] -- I want to create a "fund" next season for an Invitational; to invite the top 8 players during the year to a tourney that is already funded (no buy-in) as their reward, and also as an additional competition.  But to do so, I'm goin' to have to begin a rake towards that.  Is there a way to also use the "leftover" to be tossed into this "fund"?  I tried to create a "5th Prize" which would be the fund, but my options are percentage, fixed rate, etc.  I would just like to sweep any leftover in on top of the rake for the fund.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 04:07:38 PM »
Nope, there's no way to automatically do this.  You can see what the leftover is on the Prizes page (don't "share" the leftover).  But you can't sweep that into a rake, for example.  You'll just have to note the leftover amount and keep track of it manually.

If you see that you have a leftover $15, for example, and then go set the "Fixed Rake" to be $15, you'll find that you've changed the prize pool, which in turn will change the % amounts that get calculated for prizes.  So in the end you'll probably have to do this manually.

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »
Don't know if this is asked for enough to warrant a "to-do list" item, but I think it'd be cool!

Anyways - this is STILL the coolest software!

jellygoose21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »
i think my question i posted is pretty close to what u've said there
i want to take a player rake... pool it up... and use it for the grand final
simular to inviting 8 people like u have said.

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:32 AM »
I saw your post also, and thought that we were pretty much on the same page with our question.  It would be a cool feature, for sure.