Author Topic: A warning from TD  (Read 2200 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
A warning from TD
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
can TD send me a warning if, while registering players, the number of players approaches the number of available seats?
Example;
9 tables with 10 seats each (90 seats total)
Send a warning when the total number of players registered (not necessarily bought in) approaches to within 10 of the total available seats and send another when the amount of players is equal to the number of total seats (full)

My staff has often over registered for tournaments, including myself and this could prevent this.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A warning from TD
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Might try to extend this to a general warning system if there are other areas that might benefit.

Might be able to extend the Events system to do this.  For example, if some additional variables were added, like "totalSeats", "totalAvailableSeats", "totalEmptySeats", "numberOfAddedPlayers" (to differentiate between the number of players who have bought-in), and we added an Action that could display a dialog (shown to the program operator instead of the players) ... what do you think?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
sound good, thanks corey

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
To expand upon this, if I may, what if the program asked, as a dialogue box, if we wanted to go to the tables tab once all available seats were filled? Similar to how it states that some would be unseated... Or even on that dialogue box if it were to be an added option to go to the tables tab to add (a) table(s)?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
To expand on Magic...if it were to send me to the tables tab if i approach a user defined number of seats remaining, but make it an option that can be turned off