Author Topic: Evaluation copy expired after 2 days  (Read 2203 times)

noRaise

• View Profile
Evaluation copy expired after 2 days
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:18:54 AM »
Hi, I downloaded TD on 21/8 but didn't have time to play with it. When I opened it up 2 days later, I got a message to say that it had expired. I have Windows Vista Home Premium (unfortunately in Spanish). I think that I will probably just buy it, but would have liked to have had a chance to try it out first. Any suggestions as to why this happened?
Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluation copy expired after 2 days
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »
I only know of a few reasons why this might happen:

1) You changed your PC's system clock after exiting the Tournament Director software the first time.  This can sometimes trigger a premature end to the evaluation period.  Unfortunately, this cannot be reversed.  Only a valid license key will unlock the software at this point.

2) You are not logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.  If so, try logging in (to Windows) as a user with Administrator privileges and re-running the software.  Also, if you are running Windows Vista, you can try right-clicking on the Tournament Director shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator".

3) You have anti-virus or anti-spyware software (or perhaps some other software) running that is preventing the Tournament Director software from accessing the Windows registry.  The software stores the license in the registry, and if it cannot be accessed, it defaults to unlicensed mode with the evaluation period expired.  Restoring access to the registry should fix the problem.

noRaise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
ThankYou Corey!

I tried option 3 since it seemed the most likely and it was right on the money. Thank you so much for responding with a solution so quickly! I will give the software a spin and probably buy it shortly.

;D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »
Glad that worked for you.  Would you mind sharing what type of anti-virus software you are using?  Only some of them block this type of access, and given how many solutions there are (and how often they change), it's nice to have a list of those known to conflict with the Tournament Director.