Author Topic: Inserting images of players in an automated fashion  (Read 5584 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Inserting images of players in an automated fashion
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »
Corey, is there a way to include the <name>, <winner>, <ID> or similar token / data in the status update information? I've got the feature configured to update on significant event only, so I was searching for some bust-out (player) related data in my test example but didn't notice any?

Not at this time.  It's on the to-do list to be updated at some point...

ZeroTime

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »
Would be great to have the additional field in the players profile for a picture.
First Name
Last Name
Nickname
Address
email
Photo
etc

Not only could you use the photo for displaying on screens like Final Table screens, heads up screens, bounty screens and bust out screens, guest appearance screens and so on and so on. (lots more come to mind)
But the player profile page could be accessed when players are buying in and the photo used for ID confirmation.
A web cam could be used to take peoples pictures when they are registering for the first time. (You could even use the camera on your I-Phone or I-Pad and automatically add the picture to the players profile when the I-Phone / I-Pad app is released....LOL). Sorry Corey, new can of worms...
I know people like Stuart Murray who regularly run large tournaments using Tournament Director would find this very useful.

I don't like to put pressure on for mods to the program (a great job is being done without me sticking my nose in) but the lack of Photo Options, for me, is one modification that I would prioritise very highly.
I wait with bated breath.

Clive

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »
The priority of it has been upped, just so you know.  I do plan on adding it in an upcoming version ... just can't say exactly when at this time.  Got a list of about a half a dozen features for which I think their time has come.  Player pics is one of them.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 05:58:51 AM »
I am not sure if this was ever addressed but will TD ever offer a relational DB instead of the file format used right now?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »
I think it's unlikely.  There are pros and cons to using a database, as well as using a file-based approach as is used today.  There are some fairly sizable technical hurdles to jump in order to implement a database store, not to mention the amount of code that would have to be rewritten.