Author Topic: Player seating queston  (Read 1492 times)

mattyo

• View Profile
Player seating queston
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
I run a monthly tournament that is capped at 40 players, and the tournament is full every month.  What I'd like to do is give players seat assignments as they sign up for the tournament (sometimes day or weeks in advance).  When I try this now, TD simply puts the first seated player at table 1 seat 1, the second player at table 1 seat 2, etc.  I'd like this seating process to be completely random (player 1 has an equal chance of being seated at any of 40 seats).  Is this possible?  Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player seating queston
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
Currently it's only possible if you buy all of the players in beforehand.  You can then use the "Paid in Full" field on each player to indicate when they actually pay to buy-in.  By doing this, you can use the random seating feature to seat all of the players randomly spread out on exactly the number of tables you'll need.

The next version will allow seating of players who have not bought-in, so you can simply add all of your players to the tournament (but not buy them in) and seat everyone at once, at random.

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: Player seating queston
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:24:54 AM »
Awesome I am glad to see this Feature being Implement.  Thanks for listening to us Corey!

http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=304.0
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.