Author Topic: Season(s) reset -SOLVED-  (Read 1200 times)

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
Season(s) reset -SOLVED-
« on: November 07, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »
I poked around a bit and it's probably somewhere just couldn't locate it.

We play once a week with 4 seasons/quarters (jan, feb, mar[apr, may jun] etc...)

My goal is to "reset" the points at the end of the year and start fresh. Will I need to set up new seasons for the new year? Is there an easier way to go about it?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:22:52 PM by Trash Monkey »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Season(s) reset
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:14 AM »
Setting up a new season is the best way to do it.  And nothing could be easier, frankly.  You just create a new Season on the Database tab, and assign new tournaments to that season.

It's really more about understanding how the software actually computes statistics, however.  Instead of starting from some fixed point, then adding up statistics as tournaments are played, only to end at some point and have to "reset" them for next year, the software actually loads *all* tournaments and then computes statistics fresh every time, but only from the set of tournaments that you specify.  That is what the filter is for.  You're telling the software to load up every tournament, but only compute statistics from tournaments of season X.  So there's no need to "reset" anything, you just tell the software to now start computing statistics only from tournaments of season Y.

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »
Would it be safe to assume I could just create a new "year" league? i.e. Monkey 2010, Monkey 2011, Monkey 2012 etc...

Would be easier to select only the single league rather than scroll down through 24 seasons and select 4 seasons every time for stats.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
Yep, you could filter that way, too.  Seasons allow an easy way to filter tournaments.  Leagues allow an easy way to filter tournaments and/or players.  Most people only need to filter tournaments.  So really you can use either the Season or the League to do this.  As far as Seasons and Leagues apply to tournaments, they're really the same thing with different names.

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
Thanks again Corey for your help and for such an excellent program.