Author Topic: 2.6 beta 3  (Read 22392 times)

Barry Chuckle

• View Profile
Re: 2.6 beta 3
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 05:52:06 AM »
Just had the following error when pausing the clock...

'this.getElement(...)' is null or not an object (ControlsTab, TournamentPage: 772)
 at ControlsTab.updateClockControls()
 at ControlsTab.notifListener(Array)
 at NotifServer.send(Array)
 at startTournamentClock()
 at toggleTournamentClock()
 at openDialog(SettingsDialog)
 at SettingsDialog.openDialog()
 at SettingsDialog.enterTab()
 at Hotkey.handleCommonHotkeyActions(Number)
 at GameWindow.hotkey()
 at [unknown]()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; CPNTDF; FDM; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; InfoPath.1; .NET4.0C)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 10:49:26 am 5/11/2010
DB File: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 16475
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 12.0.7600.16667
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\Barry\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-GB
TD Version: 2.6.b3
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; CPNTDF; FDM; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; InfoPath.1; .NET4.0C)
User Language: en-GB
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Barry\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
Thanks for the info, Barry (on both posts).  About the error you got: this one clearly points to the software trying to update the "Start Tournament" button on the Controls tab, but apparently not finding the button.  Since that button is always there on the Controls tab, I don't know how this could happen.  Any clues you could give?  I assume the Settings window was open and you were on the Controls tab at the time ... ?  And you used the "Pause Clock" button (or the spacebar) to pause the clock ... ?  (Can't think of another way from there to pause the clock.)

CypherDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »
Are you planning to push out Beta 4 in the next couple of weeks?  Our next tournament is Nov. 20, and some of the features you've added have been asked for by my players a lot recently (especially with selecting multiple hitmen on a bust-out).  Not wanting to rush you, just wanted to know so I don't waste my time playing with Beta 3 and getting everything set up if Beta 4 is right around the corner.  :)

Barry Chuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 06:11:49 AM »
Thanks for the info, Barry (on both posts).  About the error you got: this one clearly points to the software trying to update the "Start Tournament" button on the Controls tab, but apparently not finding the button.  Since that button is always there on the Controls tab, I don't know how this could happen.  Any clues you could give?  I assume the Settings window was open and you were on the Controls tab at the time ... ?  And you used the "Pause Clock" button (or the spacebar) to pause the clock ... ?  (Can't think of another way from there to pause the clock.)

Hi Corey

I think there may have been more catastrophic things going on at the time because after I posted, I couldn't get past the error and the setting window was blank. I ended the task in task manager and restarted and it has been fine since.

I have noticed a new problem recently, since the day before this error. Some of the diaglogs which appear when you right click cannot be left clicked. So the context menu comes up, but clicking doesn't select the option. Two dialogs I know this happens on is the tournament screen when I try to auto resize and right clicking a name on the tables tab to bust a player out.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
Are you planning to push out Beta 4 in the next couple of weeks?  Our next tournament is Nov. 20, and some of the features you've added have been asked for by my players a lot recently (especially with selecting multiple hitmen on a bust-out).  Not wanting to rush you, just wanted to know so I don't waste my time playing with Beta 3 and getting everything set up if Beta 4 is right around the corner.  :)

Well, if you get everything ready using beta 3 you'll be ready whether or not beta 4 is released in time.  :)

Honestly I was trying to get it out this weekend, but I [obviously] didn't make it.  But I did finalize the remaining items on the list (decide which ones will be in and which will wait), and started knocking out those items.  I have half a dozen items left.  FYI, this should be the final beta.  No more changes will go in after beta 4 except bug fixes and low impact, low risk items.  Then 2.6 will go and I can start doing smaller, quicker releases again.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
I think there may have been more catastrophic things going on at the time because after I posted, I couldn't get past the error and the setting window was blank. I ended the task in task manager and restarted and it has been fine since.

I have noticed a new problem recently, since the day before this error. Some of the diaglogs which appear when you right click cannot be left clicked. So the context menu comes up, but clicking doesn't select the option. Two dialogs I know this happens on is the tournament screen when I try to auto resize and right clicking a name on the tables tab to bust a player out.

I'm at a loss on this one.  Are you saying you can't select the "Auto-size Screen" context menu option on the Game window?  And on the Tables tab, you can't select the "Bust <player name> out" context menu option?  What about other context menu options?

Barry Chuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »

I'm at a loss on this one.  Are you saying you can't select the "Auto-size Screen" context menu option on the Game window?  And on the Tables tab, you can't select the "Bust <player name> out" context menu option?  What about other context menu options?

Barry Chuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

I think you can safely ignore this, I discovered a virus and rebuilt the computer and now ther errors have gone.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »
That's great news.  Thanks for the update.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »
Think I may have discovered another issue with b3. Was something I thought was there, but wasn't sure and didn't pay attention to it til yesterday. I set the tables up for a specific collapse order, save the template, save the default tourney, but when I restart TD, I have to redo the collapse order.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
Hmm, I'm not seeing that.  I just set a specific collapse order, saved it as a template, cleared the tables, loaded the template, and the collapse order was correct.  Then I saved the tournament, created a new tournament (to clear everything), loaded the tournament, and the collapse order was correct.  I set this tournament as the "default" tournament, exited and restarted the TD, and the collapse order was correct.

Let me know if you find different.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »
I'm going through the same steps that you went through (double checked my config files as I think that it was looking in the wrong area, thus my orig issue), and after I re-saved the template with the collapse order, I went to clear the tables. After clicking on clear, I checked the all tables, and get the following error (side note: first seat at 1st 2 tables are marked unavailable for dealers):
Code: [Select]
'theT.Tables.LastPlayerMove' is null or not an object (TablesTab, TournamentPage: 5061)
 at TablesTab.getUndoFrame()
 at TablesTab.registerUndoable()
 at TablesTab.clearDialog()
 at openDialog(SettingsDialog)
 at SettingsDialog.openDialog()
 at Bootstrap.init_OpenSettingsDialog()
 at Bootstrap.initSequence()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; AskTbFWV5/5.9.1.14019)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 6:27:06 pm 11/10/2010
DB File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 16475
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 12.0.7600.16667
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-US
TD Version: 2.6.b3
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; AskTbFWV5/5.9.1.14019)
User Language: en-US
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

I'm going to continue going through how you did everything to see if I do get the tables to save the way it's supposed to. Will have a report shortly.

EDIT: I have isolated this error to be with the two seats being unavailable. Doesn't allow me to make them available, which is odd - during my tournaments it allows me to make it available when I drag a player to the seat.... ???
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:31:59 PM by Magic_fubu »
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
Ok... collapse order still not saving for me, but that's not a huge issue for me, as long as I remember to set it with each tourney. I have confirmed that I'm using the same file that I am saving - copied the file pate from when I went to save it, put in the table name, added the .ttb extension, copied the entire path to the file, then saved it, went to preferences and pasted the path & file name (C:\Users\Mike\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\templates\MikeTables.ttb) in the default tables file.

On the error newest error I reported, I have figured out it's with the reserved seats for two of my tables. it doesn't allow me to make them available or to move people into the seat & make it available that way, which is odd. I can work around this too should I need to - I have two weeks from this past Tuesday before I need to use the program again.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 09:59:07 PM »
Honestly I do not know why the collapse order isn't saving for you.  For everything I try, that works for me.

The error you are seeing has been fixed in beta 4.  I thought I recognized it, but I was confused because I was sure I had already fixed it.  In fact, I had, just in a not-yet-released beta version.  :)

A big issue with this error is that once you see it, just about everything you do on the Tables tab will give you another error until you exit and restart, or you load a tournament, or create a new tournament.

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 01:15:11 AM »
The error you are seeing has been fixed in beta 4.
When will beta 4 be available?