Author Topic: Prize distribution and player bustout functionality  (Read 1039 times)

CenT

• View Profile
Prize distribution and player bustout functionality
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:48:38 AM »
I’ve been struggling with the following problem:

Example:

Let’s say 100 players buyin using Tournament Director. Prizes are set from spot 1 to 100 (point system)
For some reason some of those bought in players decide NOT to bustout using tournament director. (They just neglect to tell the tournament director they were busted)

The only way to deal with this is make manual adjustments at the end of the tournament. (Which is in fact not a big deal since the software can in no way know of these players)
If you have 100 different prizes this becomes a very tedious operation nonetheless.

Any feedback on this functional issue?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prize distribution and player bustout functionality
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »
If you're not tracking players, this shouldn't be an issue.  So I will assume you are.

There are two ways, off the top of my head, to "fix" things when players fail to alert the TD that they've busted out.

1) Edit the player on the Players tab, and in the Tournament History section, insert a bust-out at the appropriate place/time
2) Bust all remaining players out of the tournament, and then use the "Adjust Rankings" feature (button) on the Players tab to move players into their appropriate bust-out position

This will take care of rankings, which takes care of points and prizes for you.  How are you accomplishing this today and which part is the tedious part?

CenT

• View Profile
Re: Prize distribution and player bustout functionality
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:09:45 AM »
We were manually adjusting the prizes since we didn't know these functions existed.
Thank you for the fast reply. This really speeds things up!