Author Topic: Formula Help  (Read 1981 times)

Chowda

• View Profile
Formula Help
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
I guess I'm just formula illiterate... I want to create a formula that calculates points on this basic game plan. For example... 100 Points to be awarded for a tournament divided by the number of players in the tournament. So in a 20 players tournament, 1st place would get 100 points and 20 place would be awarded 5 points. I'd like the formula to be able to assign points with 2 decimal points, so for instance in a 19 players tournament; 1st place would get 100 Points again and 19th Place would receive 5.26. Make sense? I have all the figures in excel but would love TD to assign points based in this premise instead of me having to manually assign points in the prizes section. It would this formula should be pretty simple but I have no idea how to do it... Help!!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Formula Help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:00:03 AM »
100 - ((100 / n) * (r - 1))

Points defaults to a precision of 2, so that should already be correct for you.  But you can change it on the Preferences tab if you want.

Chowda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
Corey... I know it had to be pretty simple. Thanks! I'll be using that formula in today's tournament, I imagine I don't even have to put any values in the Prize Section now... is that correct?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
If you're not awarding prizes, I guess not.  Are you only awarding points to your players?