Author Topic: Running Multiple tourney?  (Read 1479 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Running Multiple tourney?
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:59:54 PM »
Once a month I have to run two different, side-by-side tourneys.  Is this possible with this software? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Running Multiple tourney?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »
Nope, the software is designed to run one tournament at a time.

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
So there is no work around? 

It seems that everything I need is in this program except the ability to run multiple events at the same time.

Anyone have any theories on how to do this then?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
Use a second PC with another TD license.

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
Wait, so if I purchase a second license I will be able to run two copies?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
On another PC, yes.

The software does not allow you to run two copies of the software on the same PC.  It does this by design.  Even if it DID allow this, there's no code to keep the database in sync, so one copy would overwrite changes from the other running copy.

The personal use license allows you to install the software on any computers that you own.  It does not limit you to installing the software (and license) on only one of your PCs.  Rather, it does not require you to purchase an additional license to install on another PC that you own.  The license does not allow for you to run two tournaments at the same time using the same license.  To do that, you need to use an additional license.

So, to sum up and perhaps clarify:

With one PC, you cannot run two tournaments at the same time.  The software isn't built to do this, and you can't run two instances of the software at the same time on the same PC.

With two PCs, you can install the software and license on both PCs if you own both computers and the TD license.  You are restricted by the license from running two tournaments at the same time, even though you would be physically able to.  The license requires you to have two unique licenses in order to run two tournaments simultaneously.