Author Topic: TD3 freezing and giving random errors  (Read 3157 times)

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
Re: TD3 freezing and giving random errors
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »

>> So am i understanding it right, that with that combination, there is no chance for TD to run with out breakdowns all the time (every turnament) or ?

No, that is not correct.  As I said, the vast majority of users are not having this issue.  So there is every chance that running a tournament will not result in a breakdown.  Some are having this issue, and I wish that were not the case, and I will do everything I am able to do to prevent it.  As I said, right now I think the best course is to continue to port the software to a new framework.  And that is where I am focusing my efforts.

So what can i do ?  we opened the club 2 months ago, and we have tournaments everday, and constant breakdowns 10-30 times everyday - players are getting irritated.....

Can i downgrade to another older version ?  or what can i do ? do not have breakdowns ?

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
As Corey has said, the issue is very difficult to pin down.. but from what has been discovered so far, it seems to be most prevalent on Windows 10.

Personally I run TD on a Windows 7 virtual machine, I've not had a lockup/freeze with the current version - that might be an option for you if you can get hold of suitable vitualisation software (I use VM Workstation) and a copy of Windows 7.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
If you are experiencing this issue, then I agree with RichieD: the best option I see is to use Windows 7 and IE 10 with the latest TD.  That's becoming difficult at best for most people, as Microsoft pushes users away from Windows 7 and forces the use of IE 11.

Second best option, I think, for those experiencing this issue, is to use a previous version of the TD.  Based on feedback and error reports, version 3.3.1 and earlier aren't nearly as likely to experience this issue.  I honestly cannot explain why, but that's what the data says.

Earlier versions are available on the TD website specifically for this reason.  Download earlier versions here: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/downloadVersion2.html

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:51:05 PM »
i need clarifikation on what this is:

"Windows 7 virtual machine"  ?

"suitable vitualisation software (I use VM Workstation)" ?