Author Topic: Formula help please...  (Read 1464 times)

Yum Man

• View Profile
Formula help please...
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
I've been running a club now with this software for 5 years now and I love it. Great Stuff.
The bad news is I'm an artist and I get brain freeze when I even think about thinking about how to write a formula so if someone can help I would appreciate it.

I've been using one of samples (n-r+1) in the help section and that's been fine until this year. What I would like to do this year is keep everything the same but also give everyone a point for making the final table. We always have 9 at the final table. I'm sure it's simple, but I'm even simpler.

Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand.

d.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Formula help please...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »
I've been running a club now with this software for 5 years now and I love it. Great Stuff.
The bad news is I'm an artist and I get brain freeze when I even think about thinking about how to write a formula so if someone can help I would appreciate it.

I've been using one of samples (n-r+1) in the help section and that's been fine until this year. What I would like to do this year is keep everything the same but also give everyone a point for making the final table. We always have 9 at the final table. I'm sure it's simple, but I'm even simpler.

Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand.

d.

I didn't look at Mahound's link, so I may be repetitive, but in case I'm not, you could make a prize under prizes, one for each rank, and make them be each worth one point. I'm sure there's other suggestions that may be better :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
n - r + 1 + finalTable

Yum Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
Thanks to all who offered help. I appreciate it. Corey your very simple formula seems to do the trick. Thank you. I can't say it enough, great program.

d.