Author Topic: Bounty - Need to split between 2 players  (Read 1670 times)

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Bounty - Need to split between 2 players
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »
Looking for confirmation that there is no way in TD to split a bounty between 2 players. If not, then does anyone have an imaginative way to work around the situation?

In last night's tourney there was a situation where player A w/Bounty (unfortunately, me  :() was knocked out by bounty players B and C who both had the same hand (and obviously, more money than player A).

Our rules state that in this situation, KO points go to the player with best position (closest to button CCW), player B in this case, so that is who has the official KO and points but we have only been using bounties recently and the above situation was not accounted for. Since the KO went to player B he also received the bounty money in TD but I actually split it among the 2 players and would like to reflect that in TD but don't see that I can edit the bounty money won.

Am I missing something easy or any way you guys can think of to accomplish this? Thanks for any insights!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty - Need to split between 2 players
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
You can't edit the Bounty Money Won directly, you'll just have to settle for editing the total money won by the player(s).  The next version will allow for splitting a hit (which would in turn affect bounty money), but I don't anticipate being able to edit Bounty Money Won directly.

So out of curiosity, why would you split the bounty money if you don't split the hit credit?

CruiseLite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »
I was just wanting to reflect the true flow of the money. Both players have a legit claim to the bounty (and points). Since our rules already stated the hit goes to best position then that was already answered but we had nothing in writing about the Bounty situation.

As new situations arise then we document and modify the rules for next years season. People get really uptight if I make a change midyear.  ;D

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »
This happened for us the other night where we offer 100 points for who busts the bounty.

2 players busted the bounty and both had the same hand. The TD just added a 2nd bounty prize and changed the points awarded to 50 each, and each won the prize.

Worked for us. As there was only 1 elimination, they should both share the reward I think.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5