Author Topic: Computer crashed mid tourney  (Read 1992 times)

1JackOff

• View Profile
Computer crashed mid tourney
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »
Last night I was playing my monthly tournament and with 6 people left my computer locked up and I had to hold the power button down to shut the computer down the next morning. I tried to pull the tourney up after re-starting the computer and the tournament file shows the game as a new game that has not been started. Is the tourney saved somewhere at the point my computer locked up or is there anyway to recover the information? In the preferences it shows that the tourney auto saved every 300 seconds. Any help is appreciated, this was a WSOP qualifier and points are crucial.
I am running version 2.5.10
Thanks

rbauman

• View Profile
Re: Computer crashed mid tourney
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »
Try going into start type in system restore and follow the instructions hopefully this will help you out

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
The preferences show how often the auto-save mechanism will auto-save your tournament, but you still have to turn it on for each tournament.  If the tournament is still at the beginning (and you don't see any additional files with the same name and a date/time included in the name, which will happen if the "Make backups when saving tournaments" preference is enabled), then auto-save was likely not enabled.

1JackOff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
Thanks for the responses.
No luck recovering it.