Author Topic: Player Database Suggestion  (Read 1574 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Player Database Suggestion
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »
Wondering how easy it would be to implement something where, in the player notes, one could select the players to be effected by the note, and click "OK" once, instead of going to every player and typing in (or copying and pasting) the same note upwards of 50 times... Not that it's essential, but would make some tasks a lot easier  :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
Re: Player Database Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »
I agree, some mass change functionality would be excellent.
The man, the myth, the moose!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »
It wouldn't necessarily be very difficult, but I do try to take ideas like these and apply them in a more general way.  Otherwise, it becomes a one-off feature and I definitely try to avoid those.

What else would one want to edit en mass?  Modifying the nickname, first name, last name, address, etc, for a set of users almost never makes sense (unless you're trying to delete certain information for all of your users).  Out of curiosity, why do you want to modify the Notes for a set of players all at once?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Much like was noted on a post about mass deletion due to non players, I'm looking to put in to a bunch of players notes "Has not played yet this session", and once the current session ends, I would look to change it to "has not played last session or this session". Theory being that if they don't play in two sessions (roughly 8, 9 months) that they don't intend on playing with us.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!