Author Topic: Tournament starts at round 2  (Read 1106 times)

rakrul

• View Profile
Tournament starts at round 2
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
I changed my tournament a bit, so I loaded my last tournament, saved as different file, reset it, added a new first round (right click and insert round before round 1) and saved. Then I bought in players and started the tournament but it starts at my previous round 1 (which is now round 2) instead of my new first round. This happens both if I start the tournament as normal or with countdown.

If I click the Blinds schedule button, it shows the blinds correctly - meaning it includes my new round 1.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, because if I insert a round before round 2 (or higher) and move it up to round 1, it will start at the newly added round 1 as it should.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament starts at round 2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »
To be clear, you're saying that you have a tournament that has not yet started, and you start the tournament, and it begins in round 2?  Have you got a saved tournament to look at?

rakrul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
Yes and yes. Want me to mail it to support@...?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:41:14 PM »
Sure, that works.

rakrul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
Sorry, completely forgot about this. Mailed it to you now.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »
Thank you.  Confirmed the issue is reproducible.  Investigating...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
In the final version 3.4 I added various animations to the UI, such when you add or remove prizes, add or remove levels, etc.  In doing so I noticed and fixed a bug with levels, one that probably very rarely if ever occurs: if while the tournament is running you insert a level in your blinds schedule before the current level, you'll effectively change the current level.  For example, if you're in round 5 and insert a new round at the top of the schedule (before the first level), the new level moves round 5 "down" one to be round 6, but the tournament will remain at the current position, becoming whatever is before the old round 5 (either round 4 or a break).  I fixed this by making sure to increment the level counter.  This introduced a new issue.  Before, it was always assumed the level counter was at zero when you started the tournament, because a new tournament always starts at zero and the "reset tournament" feature resets the level counter to zero and there's effectively no way to change the level counter unless the tournament is running.  So no need to check it when you start the tournament - it's always at zero.  But not so with this bug fix.  It might have been changed by inserting a new level.

Thanks for reporting this rakrul!  The fix will be in version 3.4.3.

rakrul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
Thank you for the response. It wasn't really a big issue and the workaround was easy enough, but happy to help.