Author Topic: An idea  (Read 2235 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
An idea
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
We're running a double shootout tournament today amongst University students in Quebec. A total of 90 players. Each University has 6 players representing it and points are combined.
Would it be possible to have players part of a team and combine their points.
I want to play around with the Status Updates in the next week or so. Will we ever have the option to configure what info is posted?

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: An idea
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
 IMO a good suggestion.

As an addition to this  would it be possible (on the tables tab)  to enter names with a specific colour.  Team A would be red. team b would be blue and so on.
This would be handy for team games. It would make it easier to see at a glance what teams are on what tables, and as the numbers reduce would aid in keeping team members on separate tables.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
Would it be possible to have players part of a team and combine their points.

One way to do this would be to create leagues and add appropriate players to appropriate leagues.  The Stats tab could be used to sum up points for each league [team] separately.

I want to play around with the Status Updates in the next week or so. Will we ever have the option to configure what info is posted?

Probably not, unless I hear a good reason for it.  The Status Updates will probably have a few options, such as whether or not to post player information.  But ultimately the idea is that the receiver will manipulate that data.  The TD sends basically everything, and the receiver discards what it doesn't care about.

Is there something missing you want included?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
IMO a good suggestion.

As an addition to this  would it be possible (on the tables tab)  to enter names with a specific colour.  Team A would be red. team b would be blue and so on.
This would be handy for team games. It would make it easier to see at a glance what teams are on what tables, and as the numbers reduce would aid in keeping team members on separate tables.

Interesting thought.  Do team members span multiple tournaments?  Or is this just something you'd want to do at a tournament level?

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
IMO a good suggestion.

Interesting thought.  Do team members span multiple tournaments?  Or is this just something you'd want to do at a tournament level?

Would be at a tournament Level. Team Games are usually one off games comprised of the same players with a few changes if people cant make the game