Author Topic: pointsforplaying token  (Read 1658 times)

dullgeek

• View Profile
pointsforplaying token
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
I use the following formula in the points for playing section:

((n-r)+if(finalTable,5)+if(inTheMoney,5)+if(rank==1,5))*(inLeague)

I'd like to use the pointsforplaying token, but whenever I do, every place is zero.

If, instead I use this formula, I get the results I want in pointsforplaying:

((n-r)+if(finalTable,5)+if(inTheMoney,5)+if(rank==1,5))

Is there a way to set "inLeague" to 1 in the pointsforplaying token?  I've tried doing this, but it didn't work:

<pointsforplaying orient="horizontal" ranks="1-5" displayRank="true" inLeague="1">

Suggestions?

dullgeek

• View Profile
Re: pointsforplaying token
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »
I suppose that I should mention that my league is still running TD version 2.5.14, so I'm hoping for an answer for that version.

Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »
The <pointsforplaying> token was kind of a hack, to be perfectly honest.  It was meant to help show what a player might receive in points.  But this is difficult since points formulas are usually based on criteria unique to each player (rank, money won, cost, hits, etc).  Since these are "personal" attributes, and the token is displaying the points computed in a general manner, the token allows for you to set some of the more common values in order to compute a value.  "inLeague" is not one of those included values, unfortunately.

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
Yeah, I knew from searching the forums that there are a lot of situations in which <pointsforplaying> doesn't work. But I had hoped that inLeague wasn't one of them. Can you think of any work around that might let me correctly assign league points while displaying the potential oints that league players could win?

For example, could I leave the points for playing formula as

Then change it to

At the end?

Is there a way to re-evaluate points after the tournament is finished?

Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
Yeah, I knew from searching the forums that there are a lot of situations in which <pointsforplaying> doesn't work. But I had hoped that inLeague wasn't one of them. Can you think of any work around that might let me correctly assign league points while displaying the potential oints that league players could win?

For example, could I leave the points for playing formula as

Then change it to

At the end?

Is there a way to re-evaluate points after the tournament is finished?

Thanks.

Oh yes, certainly you can do that.  Points are recomputed any time you make a change to the formula (or any number of other things), regardless of whether or not the tournament is over.  Sorry, I guess I wasn't quite "getting" what you were trying to do.  It would have been nice if there was a way to override the formula within the <pointsforplaying> token, but I didn't think of it at the time.  Like I said, it was kind of a hack.  In version 3 there is a better token <pointsFormula> which isn't as limited (and the <pointsforplaying> has been deprecated and suggests using <pointsFormula> instead).

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »
Yeah, I saw that in the change log for the beta. Is <pointsForumula> in 3.1 or just the beta?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
Looks like I added it in 3.2 beta 1.