Author Topic: Tracking Leagues with software  (Read 1482 times)

tomkracinovich

• View Profile
Tracking Leagues with software
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, but I can’t find it.  We run 3 different tournaments a week and one of them is a league where we track points.  We are thinking of tracking points for a different tournament separately.  Is there a way to designate which tournaments are part of a league or only choose certain tournaments when having the software total points.  I know that I can move all of the other tournaments out of the folder before totaling points, but that is a pain and won’t really work if we set up a second league.  Thanks for the help.  Tom

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Tracking Leagues with software
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
Just set up the tourneys you want to track as a separate league and then filter just for that league.

Done.

See section 18.6 of the help tab within TD.  Also section 19.2 on filters.

You may need to alter some of your current tournaments to make them part of the league.

Make sure you have the most recent version of TD before you do that (2.4.3) as I think there were some problems in 2.4.2 regarding changing league properties that could cripple your database.

tomkracinovich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 08:11:49 AM »

Thank you.  My problem has been that I did not see how to assign a tournament to a league.  Somehow I spent two months missing the  drop down on the game tab. 

Corey, it might be a good idea to add a reference to the league dropdown in the section of the help that talks about setting up leagues.

Again everyone thanks.

Tom

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 11:24:02 AM »
Will do.