Author Topic: Version 2.5 beta 2  (Read 53809 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.5 beta 2
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 10:09:30 AM »
Are you suggesting adding a button to modify the layout?

If that's the case, then no, I won't add that because it isn't what the Controls tab is about.  Notice that the Controls tab has buttons on it that, for the most part, are all accomplished by a hotkey or a context-menu item on the Game window (Tournament screen/Player Rankings screen/etc).  Other actions that are accomplished on other tabs of the Settings window can be done by going to that tab on the Settings window.  The point of the Controls tab is to for a typical host to be able to run the entire tournament from that screen.  I'm happy to add controls that make sense, but as there are already a lot of controls on that screen, I'm going to be pretty picky about what I'll add.  If you can move to another tab and accomplish it, it *probably* doesn't belong there.

winch

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
An another question : Is it possible to have an option in event tab to change the location by default to tournament locations because it's only for stat for the moment.
I put all my tdt file in an another directory and every time i must to search in my browser.
Tks for you're response.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
Can you be more specific?  I'm really not sure what you are asking.

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »
No Corey that was not what I was talking about.

I was talking about information... not a button. I am asking if we can have the "Game" being one of the items displayed on that page, perhaps in the clock section. In a HORSE tournament I need to know, on that screen, what game we are playing.

Other info I would love having on this screen is:

Current Blinds/Antes (Level Section)

Time until break (Clock Section)

Elapsed Time (Tournament Section)

Players until the money (Players section)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:49:10 PM by UPT »

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »
I will only comment that I think at least having the blinds on the control tab could be useful - not critical for me though.  The information is quite quickly available from the rounds tab where there is an arrow pointing to the current round and what the blinds are.  When I am focused on the laptop I can't see the tourney screen (its actually behind me then) - so there could be minimal benefit to me for it to be on the control panel - but I guess when I think about it maybe not that much.

I care less about clocks for the control tab, because I can see the tourney clock time on the settings page and I have sound events for end of rounds and that cues me into an imminent round change.  UPT, do you have the miniclock set to be displayed on the settings page (on the preferences tab)??

Players till money and other things that aren't critical to know right away and are essentially available on the players tab are less critical for me on the control tab as well.  I could always bring up the player rankings page easily from the control tab to see that too (I have a screen set though that brings up the player rankings page for a short time each round - so the players should be aware of what's going on and I catch it as well).

What the current game is could be useful - but again, it is on the rounds tab. - so pretty accessible from the settings page.

I hope that I finally get that horse game going that I have been trying to push for without a lot of success.  :)

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
I cannot see the main screen easily from the computer with the dual screen setup.

This type of information is what this "all in one screen" is about, IMO.

Just trying to help improve the software from a real world point of view, I have run over 1300 tournaments in the last three years using the TD and love the power of this great tool.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 09:42:09 PM »
don't get me wrong, I am agreeing with you on some of your points.

I run quite a few tourneys as well (not 1300 :o !!!) , and also cannot see the main screen (easily) at least while I am doing operations on the settings page and my focus is there.  It is actually an unexpected consequence of having the dual screen thing that I didn't think of - that I would lose access to the tourney screen for a bit - something I noticed right away, but still prefer having the control tab tools.

I am thinking that it also will be important for that control tab to not be too cluttered with every control possible and piece of information, otherwise it will be harder for me to access what I need quickly (and I am often a dedicated dealer as well, so I have to make quick actions and get back to dealing).

I am just thrilled to have the major tools at my finger tips with less reliance on hotkeys.  Always a tough balance I am sure for the programmer to meet everyone's needs  :-\

I for one would be very interested in how you set up your rounds/layout for your HORSE game/tourney and hope you consider posting it in the templates area - sounds like you have more experience than most of us.

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »
When asking for a pony always ask for the saddle :)

Bottom line is I would love certainly the "Game" on this screen.. I agree about cluttering this area up.

I also posted my HORSE.trt in the templates area.

PS.. all posting done while running a tournament.. loving the beta.

winch

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 03:46:29 AM »
Yes Corey, i explain, when you load file tdt on game tab, by default tournament director open tounament 'saves' directory. In Preference tab an config files option tou can change
an load a default tournamen in an another directory. But i would like to know if is ti possible to open a directory by default and not a file ?

because i have a lot of tdt file in fonction of which tournement i do.

Tks for your response

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
No Corey that was not what I was talking about.

I was talking about information... not a button. I am asking if we can have the "Game" being one of the items displayed on that page, perhaps in the clock section. In a HORSE tournament I need to know, on that screen, what game we are playing.

Other info I would love having on this screen is:

Current Blinds/Antes (Level Section)

Time until break (Clock Section)

Elapsed Time (Tournament Section)

Players until the money (Players section)

Ah-ha.  Yeah, I obviously didn't understand what you were asking.  I think this info (at least some of it anyway) would be useful.  Let me see what I can do.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
Yes Corey, i explain, when you load file tdt on game tab, by default tournament director open tounament 'saves' directory. In Preference tab an config files option tou can change
an load a default tournamen in an another directory. But i would like to know if is ti possible to open a directory by default and not a file ?

because i have a lot of tdt file in fonction of which tournement i do.

Tks for your response

I am still not quite certain I understand, but I will give this a shot...

The "Load" button on the Game tab always defaults to the "saves" folder.  That is just the way it is.  But after you load a tournament, the "Load" button will always go to the last folder you loaded a tournament from.

The "Tournament File Locations" preference [on the Preferences tab] tells the Stats where you have tournament files that you want included in the stats calculations.  It does not have anything to do with the "Load" button on the Game tab.

When you add or modify a "Tournament File Location", the program shows a "File" dialog for you to choose a tournament file.  This is just an unfortunate shortcoming of the program.  If I could, I would display a "Folder" dialog, allowing you to choose a folder, but this type of dialog is simply not available to me.  So I have to resort to a File dialog.  You choose a file, and the program uses the folder of the file chosen.  Presumably you are selecting a folder where you have saved tournament files, so choosing a tournament file should not be that inconvenient.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »
Rounding reset:

Corey, I know that you mentioned that the current beta has a problem that the prize rounding (for round down anyway) get reset to no rounding for any newly opened tourney.

Is this controlled by the XML prize suggestions file in some manner?  I can't see that it is, but I don't know XML . . . well I am able to make my own prize suggestions template that I use automatically, but I am running into this rounding problem and didn't know if it is a program issue, or something I can solve with my XML template.

No rush, I just am forgetting to reset the rounding and if it something I can fix myself . . . .

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
Nope, it's coded that way, unfortunately.

T-Bone

• View Profile
First Tournament Using Beta
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
Ran first tournament using the 2.5 beta 2 last night. Everything went swimmingly with the exception of the round down reset problem rendering any stats re prize monies won meaningless. Hope this is on the to-do list. Don't know how I would do all the cool things I do when running tournaments without this software!
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »
But I am quite sure even in this beta version that once you have set up a tourney and set up the prizes with round down that it will retain that round down (unless you close the tourney and open it again).

You will just have to reset the round down each time you start a new tournament. (go to prizes and to the rounding tab).