Author Topic: Screen use  (Read 2508 times)

fanaticuser

• View Profile
Screen use
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:17 AM »
I would like to know if it is possible to have both screens up and be able to move the main screen without having to close down the back end. i use dual screens for my tourneys and have some inexperienced people that use the program and cant figure out why they cant move it without closing the input screen.

So i guess is it possible or can it be possible to make it like a normal window and be able to click on it to make it active without having to close the other?

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Screen use
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
not sure exactly what you are asking, but have you tried going to the preferences screen and in the right hand column of preferences un-checking the "auto-close settings window"?

That might do what you are looking for, not sure though as I don't really understand you problem.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »
I believe what you are asking is if the Settings Window can be "modeless", meaning you can access the Settings Window or the Game Window while both are open.  Unfortunately the answer is no - the Settings Window must be "modal", meaning you cannot access its parent window (the Game Window) while the Settings Window is open.  I would have preferred it to be modeless, but unfortunately the GUI framework wouldn't allow it.

You *can* move the Game Window without closing the Settings Window, by using the "Extended Display" feature on the Preferences tab.

fanaticuser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:46:57 AM »
Thats what i wanted to know. i do use and extended display but the size of the extended display always seems to be off some how. i only really get a chance to play with the files while at home and not where i use it. hopefully i will get some more time to work on it later.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
where do you want to move the main screen?