Author Topic: Points only bounties  (Read 3322 times)

brunobus

• View Profile
Points only bounties
« on: July 22, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
I searched through all the posts with the word "bount" in it and I didn't come across this question, so I'm sorry if it may have already been addressed.

In our tournament, the winner from the previous tournament (or 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. in case 1st place doesn't show up) has a bounty placed on him that is worth 5 points.  There is no money involved in the bounty and only that one player is worth anything.

I have a prize set up for awarding the 5 points and that is working great. 

What I am trying to figure out, if it's possible, is to track the # of bounties that are won on the stats and on the regular monthly results.  I tried messing around with bounty chips, but it they don't have a $ value, they don't show up.

Points are awarded based on the player's finishing position, # of hits, # of buy-ins and by knocking out the bounty player.  The question always seem to come up as to why someone has more points than what can be calculated by the fields that I do show and inevitably, it is always the bounties. 

Any ideas out there?

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: Points only bounties
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:30:42 AM »
Well, the easiest way to do that is under the prize tab.  You can set up a specific bounty on a specific player for a award of points.

brunobus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
I do have that already, but nothing gets tracked in the stats and from what I have read, you have to use bounty chips for the stats to track it.

I played some more with it last night though and I think I found a solution, although it is somewhat manual so I thought I would post it in case someone else was wondering.

I check the "Use player bouny chips" and uncheck "Restrict bounties."  Then, for the one person who is assigned as a bounty, I put that he buys a bounty chip for $1 (I tried $.01, but it wouldn't take for some unknown reason).  Then, at the end of the tournament, I find the person who knocken out the bounty player and adjust his/her winnings by -$1.  Then the bounties won will show up on the stats as well as how many bounties any person may have had during the year. 

Not too bad, but I sure wish it would be automated based on the prize that is set up rather than having to use a bounty chip.

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:07:15 PM »
Hmmm . . . I think you're right.  I don't think there's an easy way to do what you'd like to.  Maybe Cory can link the "Bounty on player" under the price tab to the "Bounties Won" stat on the stat page.  I'm actually a little surprised it doesn't already, but they are separate options.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »
You are correct, there is no way to statistically track who wins bounty prizes (or how many they win, how many points they got from them, or how much cash they won from them).  Nor can you track how many first place prizes a player wins, or second place prizes a player wins, etc, etc, etc.

Off the top of my head, I see maybe on the Stats Player dialog (double-click a player on the Stats tab), a button that breaks down the source of all points and money.

Code: [Select]
Tournament        Date         Source                 Money    Points
Hold 'Em Night    6/23/2006    1st Place               $200      0.00
Hold 'Em Night    6/23/2006    Points for Playing               75.00
Hold 'Em Night    6/23/2006    Points for Rebuying              -5.00
Hold 'Em Night    6/23/2006    Bounty on Jack           $50     25.00
Hold 'Em Night    6/30/2006    4th Place                $25      5.00

Thoughts?

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
Corey:

That looks good. Would also like to see an export of the individual stat page. Would be nice to post on-line or put into emails when someone asks for their history. On that page it has how many 1st, 4th, 10th's, etc....
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson

brunobus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
Stats are always fun for a lot of people, but then there are others who don't give a hoot.

Personally, I like them and the more access that there is to them, the better.

My theory of what I am doing with this, however, didn't quite work 100% like I had hoped.  The bounties and bounties won are showing up correctly in the stats, but now the $1 in winnings that the bounty hit-man receives is being added to the total winnings in the stats but the manual adjustment of -$1 isn't being made in the stats.  It is being adjusted correctly, however, in the individual tournaments.  So now the total winnings in the stats is being overstated by the $1 per bounty won. 

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:37:29 AM by brunobus »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 12:22:30 PM »
You've found a bug, and I've just fixed it for version 2.2.

I'll update the beta this evening.  If you'd like to try the beta, it has both a fix for the Stats not correctly considering adjustments to a player's winnings, and a button on the Stats Player dialog which will show where the player's cash and points came from.